360 Environmental provides project and approvals management services to facilitate environmental impact assessment and subsequent approvals principally under the Environmental Protection Act 1986 and the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999. Environmental Protection Policies, Guidance Notes and Codes of Practice are a key input to the development of assessment documentation.
360 Environmental and Environmental Impact Assessment
360 Environmental covers a wide range of areas and industries; environmental and biological services (flora, fauna, rehabilitation and GIS), resources (mining, oil, gas and process), contamination (soil, water and air), infrastructure and land development. Community and stakeholder consultation is an integral part of the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process and is a key aspect of the 360 Environmental approach to conducting a successful and participative assessment and approvals process. The EIA process includes:
- project definition and scoping
- strategic environmental assessment and approvals planning – scheduling for formal assessments, clearing permits, works approvals, licence to operate, registrations, extraction and discharge licences, dredging and sea dumping permits, local government approvals, heritage assessments and approvals, offset development and negotiations, regulator and stakeholder liaison
- environmental assessments - biological surveys (e.g. flora and fauna) and physical assessments (e.g. soil, water and air)
- environmental regulation and pollution prevention
- risk assessments, communication and facilitation
- impact assessment, impact avoidance, reduction and minimisation, mitigation - identification and implementation of offset strategies for critical assets
- workshop facilitation and information
- document authoring, GIS mapping, regulator liaison and approvals
- environmental management plans
- licence, works approval and ministerial condition compliance auditing
- peer review.
Experience has been gained by staff working through assessments and approvals from both the regulator and industry perspectives. 360 Environmental has been involved in many State and Federal environmental assessments and approvals on behalf of Clients, demonstrating experience in environmental impact assessment from a regulatory perspective and providing advice for the assessment of pollution prevention and social matters. Our local West Australian knowledge provides 360 Environmental with an influential network and a set of professional working relationships with both decision making authorities and environmental professionals to ensure best practice environmental outcomes are achieved in a timely manner.