Environmental Permitting Services
Shoener Environmental's comprehensive site assessment and environmental permitting services will provide specialized assistance in project design, regulatory and public presentations, to final approval. By managing and coordinating the reviews of various levels of government, duplication of services is eliminated, thereby saving you time and money.
More than providing good technical advice, Shoener Environmental helps you find a strategy to work your way through the regulatory maze to get your project built. Our staff has held federal and state government management positions, so we understand what it takes to obtain project approval from regulatory agencies.
No project is too big or too small. Shoener Environmental can help obtain permits for large, complex commercial projects to small, simple residential buildings. For example, we have helped clients on large wind energy facilities with over sixty wind turbines to simple residential driveways that require a single permit to cross a small stream.
Wetland Delineation, Permitting, and Monitoring
- Wetland identification with a wetlands presence or absence survey
- Wetland boundary delineations in accordance with US Army Corps of Engineers and State agency requirements
- Obtaining Jurisdictional Determination (JD) letters from the US Army Corps of Engineers
- Prepare permit applications to obtain approval for project impacts
- Design wetland replacement and mitigation sites
- Monitor wetland replacement and mitigation projects
Waste Management, Recycling and Reuse
- Turning organic waste materials into compost products
- Using 'clean fill' and 'regulated fill', as defined by the Pennsylvania DEP, to reclaim a mining pit
- Obtaining permits to construct a waste separation and recycling facility
- Preparing plans to control hazardous material and petroleum products spills (PPC and SPCC plans)
- Reviewing Superfund cleanup plans to insure that communities concerns are addressed