Failure Analysis and Engineering Projects
- Failure Analysis
In many instances, the specifications or specific test methods by which we have conducted our evaluations have been predetermined. Frequently, however, engineers, quality managers, and investigators encounter problems for which they need solutions that cannot be attained utilizing routine methodology or specification. These dilemmas tend to be onetime or infrequent obstacles impacting a product’s performance, and they often fall into one of the following categories -- failure analysis, root cause determination and analysis, problem solving, or special testing or engineering projects (such as project design, fixture design and reverse engineering). Few companies are staffed or equipped to solve these unique situations.
Those are the venues in which the Sherry Engineering Group excels. The Sherry Engineering Group utilizes specially engineered tests, engineering intellect, metallurgical and nonmetallic analytical abilities, and knowledge gained from their nearly 300 cumulative years of formulating cohesive analyses to derive the most expedient and cost-efficient solutions to our clients’ problems.
The Sherry Engineering Group excels at answering tough questions. If you or your company are ever faced with any of the questions below, contact us. We’ve got your answers!
- To what spec was this manufactured?
- How was this heat treated?
- How was this made? Is there a plating or coating?
- How did the part or assembly fail?
- Why did the part or assembly fail?
- How can we test this part?
- What is this substance?
- Did this item fail because of a manufacturing problem, material defect, or a service issue?
- What is the performance limit of my part?
- This material just isn’t behaving as expected. What is causing that?