Food and Flavor Analysis
This solution identifies and quantifies diverse compound classes, including difficult compounds such as isomers, in a single scan. With no need for chromatographic columns, setup is easy, analysis is quick, and operational costs are minimal. Analysis is performed by a Voice Series instrument, which can be based in a laboratory, on a production line, or in a vehicle. Results can be automatically exported to other systems, such as production line controllers. We provide turnkey analysis solutions, or you can create your own analysis suites and protocols, including how results are processed and presented.
- Routine detection limits better than 1 picogram per milliliter of headspace.
- Real-time monitoring of enzymatic, roasting and other flavor-modifying processes, instantly capturing aroma development and defects.
- Unbiased and repeatable characterization of in vivo aroma release for sensory perception testing.
- Rapid, high-sensitivity static or dynamic headspace analysis of aroma compounds, yielding significant productivity gains compared to traditional analysis techniques.
- Analysis without preconcentration, trapping or solvent extraction.
- No discrimination of compounds based on polarity. And no requirement for chromatographic columns, solid-phase extraction or SPME fibers.
- Intuitive software and familiar graphical user interface minimize training costs and allow easy instrument and analysis set up, even for non-technical staff.
- Automated validation procedures ensure reliable analysis.
- Compatibility with standard computer network protocols allows remote operation and support, maximizing operational flexibility and minimizing downtime.
- Support from our global network of distributors and service agents minimizes downtime.
Typical compounds measured
Primary compounds analyzed are volatile organic compound (VOCs), including:
- The application of multiple reagent ions also allows separation of many isobarics, such as aldehydes and ketones.
- Voice 200 instrument.
- High-performance inlet kit for Voice200.
- Heated flow tube kit for Voice200.
- LabSyft Software suite.
- A computer, for network connection and remote operation and support.
- Custom integration with production lines.
- Proprietary sampling systems (such as an artificial mouth).