Europlasma Torches & Process has been created to apply the high temperatures generated by the plasma torch technology to the destruction of hazardous waste.This technical expertise was reinforced in 2003 with Inertam, a waste vitrification industrial facility with an annual capacity of 8000. The Europlasma Group owns and operates this facility located in Morcenx (Landes, France), which is the only site authorized in France for asbestos waste vitrification.
Vitrification is the only process available for producers and holders of asbestos waste fully guaranteeing:
- the destruction of asbestos waste according to current regulation in France,
- the elimination of unsafe effects of asbestos waste,
- therefore freeing producers and initial holders of asbestos waste from their liability(*)
Europlasma Torches & Process also provides turnkey plasma torch waste vitrification units for the vitrification of other hazardous waste such as:
- waste incineration ashes,
- water treatment units sludge,
- special industrial waste.
The use of landfills to dispose of waste is more and more limited today, in all geographies. Transportation and landfill costs (considering the limited number of Class I landfill facilities available) are expected to grow in the near future, encouraging communities and industrial companies to find more environment-friendly solutions.