InspectieH2O can assist to achieve insight in the performance and status of a cooling water system. Inspections can be helpful to verify the efficiency of the water treatment procedure or to become aware of potential operational risks. Inspections can also be part of a root cause analysis to biofouling (related) operational problems.
Inspection generally comprises two stages:
1. Review of the documentation including the:
- Water treatment procedure as applied at the different parts of the (cooling) water system
- Production Load of the utility
- Monitoring Results (outcome of internal inspections and routine tests)
2. Physical examination of the:
- Water piping system
- Condenser/heat exchanger
- Cooling tower (Pack, Pond, Drift eliminators)
- Biocide dosing system
The outcome of an inspection will provide insight in the efficiency of the cooling water system. In addition, H2O provides advise how the water treatment can be optimized in a cost-effective way.