Investigation and Remediation of Contaminated Soil and Groundwater
Over the past 15 years, RBDI has successfully obtained No Further Action letters from regulatory agencies on 23 chlorinated solvent sites and an additional 42 sites impacted by MTBE/gasoline, pesticides, PCBs, dioxins, or metals. Among these was closure of a Superfund site impacted by chlorinated solvents, where our client was released from the PRP group as a result of our analysis.
Perform statistically valid soil and groundwater s...
- Perform statistically valid soil and groundwater sampling such that each sample collected can be justified on a scientific basis minimizing the
- need for multiple rounds of sampling and associated cost excursions.
- Developed techniques to chemically “fingerprint” contaminant sources in both soils and groundwater (Jamall, I.S., Lu, T.X., Huber, W.A. 2005. Distinguishing between Multiple Chlorinated Solvent Plumes: A Comprehensive Approach. Soils, Sediment and Water
- Conference, Amherst, Massachusetts, October). Developed techniques to chemically “fingerprint” contaminant
- Implemented innovative methods to remediate chlorinated solvents
- in situ in record time and at a fraction of the cost of pump-and-treat.
- Developed in situ oxidation techniques to treat carcinogenic pesticides previously believed to be recalcitrant (Jamall, I.S. and Brown, I. 2006. Oxidative Remediation of Diphenylamine in Wastewater.
- Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 76:740-744)
- Developed, designed, and implemented an ex situ UV/peroxide
- treatment system to destroy MTBE in extracted groundwater by as
- much as 98%, thereby significantly extending the life of the activated
- carbon units from change-outs every 7 weeks to no change-outs for
- 765 days resulting in substantial cost savings to the client
- (Jamall, I.S., Lu, T.X. and Powers, J. 2006. Ex situ Treatment of
- MTBE-Containing Groundwater by a UV Peroxide System.
- Remediation Journal,16:71-80)
No reviews were found for Investigation and Remediation of Contaminated Soil and Groundwater. Be the first to review!