Life Cycle Analisys Service
The aim of an environmental assessment is to take charge of your environmental impact and thereby reduce it. A Life Cycle Assessment, as internationally standardised by ISO 14040 and ISO 14044, is currently the most comprehensive environmental impact evaluation method. This method involves evaluating various environmental impact indicators at each stage of a product or service's life cycle. Bureau Veritas CODDE favours the use of Life Cycle Assessment for the majority of its studies.
What is the Aim of a Life Cycle Assessment?
The aim of an LCA is to make an evaluation.
This evaluation enables the potential environmental impact of a product to be calculated across its entire life cycle.
To avoid pollution transfer, a multi-criterion approach is taken.
What Does it Cover?
- Environmental product analysis
- Evaluation of product recyclability constraints
- Company positioning
- Corporate environmental analysis: carbon assessment, environmental impact on a range of indicators including CO2 index (the Global Warming Indicator as defined by the IPCC)
- Hazardous substance identification
What are the Benefits?
Assessing the environmental impact of your product means you can make a clear evaluation of it and then rectify any of its environmentally damaging aspects. By evaluating any major environmental issues you can build these into your ecodesign brief.
Our Life Cycle Assessment Services
With the help of Bureau Veritas CODDE's expertise, you can:
- Identify major areas for improvement of your goods or services
- Identify improvement solutions for your products or services
- Train your staff in LCA (ISO 14040 and 14044)
- Carry out modelling under your EIME licence.