This solution allows instant analysis of breath and headspace samples. Multiple chemically diverse compounds can be targeted and profiled in a single scan. Compounds in headspace can be quantified down to part per trillion by volume (pptv) levels. Compounds in breath can be quantified down to part per billion by volume (ppbv) levels.
Analysis is performed by a Voice Series instrument, which can be based in a laboratory or clinic, or in a vehicle.
We provide turnkey analysis solutions, or you can create your own analysis suites and protocols, including sampling systems and how results are processed and presented.
- Adaptability. Analyze headspace above microbial cultures and exhaled breath with the same system.
- Each analysis simultaneously profiles multiple chemically diverse compounds, even in complex and humid mixtures.
- Real-time analysis without sample preparation maximizes throughput and allows efficient screening of large populations.
- Intuitive software and familiar graphical user interface minimize training costs and allow easy instrument and analysis set up.
- Automated validation procedures ensure reliable analysis.
- Proven and robust calibration procedures yield accurate measurements and results.
- Instrument portability allows you to take analysis around the lab or clinic, and vehicle mounting options allow you to take analysis across town.
- Support from our global network of distributors and service agents minimizes downtime.
Typical compounds measured
- Small molecular weight compounds that are difficult to measure by other techniques. For example hydrogen cyanide, isoprene, acetaldehyde.
- Very reactive compounds that have short half lives or are destroyed by preconcentration and so are not suitable for offline analysis. For example ammonia and sulfur containing compounds.
- Compounds that are destroyed by analysis techniques which use harsher ionization techniques. For example hydrogen sulfide and dimethylsulfide.
- Volatile compounds in breath in a range of concentrations from single digit ppbv to several ppmv. For example hydrogen sulfide and acetone.
- Compounds that are isobaric with major breath constituents. For example propanal and acetone.
- Voice 200 instrument.
- High-performance inlet kit for Voice200.
- Breath head inlet (for direct analysis of breath samples).
- A computer, for network connection and remote operation and support.
- LabSyft Software suite, to develop customized analysis applications.