Eco-Impact and Mould Experts is committed to providing our customers with the most thorough inspection service available in the Vancouver, B.C.area, Sunshine Coast, Sea-To- Sky, Fraser Valley and Vancouver Island.
We provide you with more than just an air-sample, we solve the problem.
We provide you with full consultation on the mould inspection and our findings, the results and recommendations from the moisture survey and most importantly a step-by-step explanation on what is required to achieve a full and successful mould remediation. We find the sources of the problem/s - and recommend solutions.
Compare our Mould Inspection services:
- On-Site Testing, with Microscopy - SAME DAY REPORTS
- Multiple tape samples taken from the house (average 15-18 samples)
- Air samples for mould spores and Laser Particulate counts
- Moisture survey for water intrusion and water damage included
- Cold spot detection
- Detailed, written scope of work provided
- Full consultation services provided by a team of engineers and scientists
- Individual advice and recommendations
- Written reports and detailed explanations of the mould removal or remediation required
- Written quotations for remediation
Our inventory of mould inspection equipment:
- Digital Microscope - for immediate confirmation of suspected contamination
- Digital camera - full documentation of inspection
- Air sampling equipment - to test for interior and exterior mould spore counts
- Air Particulate counter - there is more than just mould spores in the air, we test for other possible problems in all rooms.
- Bulk Tape sampling supplies - to confirm, using microscopy, areas of spore amplification, especially in areas where visual confirmation is not practical or accessible
- Bulk Swabs - for petri dish cultivation
- Infra-Red Thermal Survey – “Cold Spot” detection for moisture condensation on foundations, walls and attic roof decking.
- Lighting equipment
- Moisture meter- to identify wet or problematic areas, on the surface and behind walls - we include a full moisture survey in the mould consultation report
- Relative Humidity monitors/ thermometers- to assess humidity levels and temperature in various areas of the house, to measure HVAC and ventilation efficiency
- Full personal protective equipment (PPE) - full and half face masks-respirators, gloves, protective clothing, goggles (OSHA standards)
- Equipment for invasive inspections - to remove small sections of drywall ( not required for every mould inspection) no additional charges for this service.
Mould Inspection and Consultation - costs and hours
A full mould inspection on an average size residential house ( approx. 1500 - 3000 sq feet) will take between 2 to 5 hours. The mould inspection will include a thorough visual inspection of the attic, basement and /or crawlspace, HVAC systems, garage and interior sections of the house as well as the exterior landscape.
Samples will be taken for microscopic analysis, not only on the site of visible mould, but throughout the house to establish levels of cross contamination within your home. In addition to sampling the customer's complaint area and areas with visible mould, we also take at least one sample from each room, plus additional samples from storage areas, attics and crawlspaces. On average, we take approx. 15 samples in 2000 sq.ft. home.
In most circumstances, a full written report is completed on site, no waiting for test results.
Face to Face Consultation - A full explanation of the problem and the remediation options - with all testing results - while the scientist is with you. You will have the answers before we leave.
Each report is given a full report review with our Quality Engineer and our certified remediators and Environmental Scientists. Your project is discussed in detail, to ensure that we are giving you professional and most accurate advise.
The cost for this full service residential inspection starts at $450.00 for a 1-2 bedroom condo and is based on the sq. ft. of the residence. Pricing is based a one time visit to the residence, on the size of the home and not the number of samples taken.
Additional charges for travel will be applied to areas east of Abbotsford, Whistler and BC Ferry charges for Sunshine Coast, Bowen Island and Vancouver Island.
If 3rd party certified lab reports are required, or there are additional requirements, the cost of these can be determined at the time of making an appointment. This cost is based on the number of samples required. The minimum number of air samples required is two. These are costed out at $100.00 per sample.