Nuclear Criticality Safety
From Power Generation
Nuclear criticality safety is a very specialized field of engineering. It requires experience in nuclear physics as well as knowledge of system processes, operational practices, regulatory requirements, and conduct of operations principles. For this reason, our criticality engineers possess technical abilities beyond the average engineer. When analyses involve criticality codes, a verification and validation must be made against benchmark experiments. The selection of which experiments to use is, in itself, a specialized ability. Furthermore, proper modeling and documentation of the experiments is essential to defending the validation of the code.
We specialize in performing these tasks to support nuclear facility operations.
- Nuclear Criticality Safety Evaluations
- Criticality Code Verification and Validation
- Criticality Program & Procedure Development
- Equipment/System NCS Design Reviews
- Compliance Reviews
- Benchmark Experiment Evaluations
- NCS Training
- Criticality Accident Alarm System Design and Analyses