Implementing and certifying an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) can demonstrate a clear commitment to worker safety. OHSAS 18001 is an international standard, applicable to any industry, against which an OHSMS is measured. It enables an organization to have better control over, and knowledge of, all relevant hazards resulting from normal operations and unusual situations. OHSAS 18001 certification enables a company to better manage health and safety risks, continually improve worker protection, and create a corporate culture that values worker safety as much as production and profit.
What are the key benefits?
- Help improve the company’s safety culture and increase its reputation for health and safety
- Demonstrate commitment to the protection of staff, property, and plant
- Potentially demonstrate legal compliance of safety regulations
- Encourage more effective internal communication
- Potentially reduce insurance premiums
Why Choose Bureau Veritas?
- We perform a systematic, independent audit of the management system to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- We use a planned audit schedule to ensure the management system meets objectives and provides continual improvement in key areas.
- Our extensive auditor network helps reduce auditor travel costs.
- Certification from Bureau Veritas is recognized and well-respected globally.