Parsons - Odour Abatement & Odour Control
Gas Scrubbing has become an important technology for industries where the contaminant does not present a toxic risk but the odour is objectionable. This process utilises the chemical properties of the contaminants, many of which are chemically, soluble and therefore can be easily and effectively removed.
Over recent years, increased awareness of environmental issues has led to demands for odour abatement within a large number of industrial sectors:
- Sewage treatment works
- Meat processing
- Animal rendering plants
- Pet food processing plants
Parsons have a wealth of experience in this technology and can provide highly effective solutions and equipment to neutralize any threshold of odour, even low odours, most commonly detected through standard human olfactometry assessment.
Our experience, gained through working on widely diverse installations has led us to develop cost effective solutions including the use of specialist catalytic enhancing technologies that improve efficiency whilst minimising chemical usage and therefore limit environmental impact.
Parsons odour abatement services:
- Inspection and assessment of odour abatement plant; This includes assessment of plant efficiency, according to odour concentration – measured using CEN EN 13725 and assessment of specific odorous compounds.
- Advice on odour control and abatement; identification of the most appropriate odour abatement technique and equipment to ensure identification of the most cost effective solution.
- Sector specific advice; based on our extensive experience in delivering solutions for many industrial sectors, both in the UK and Worldwide.
- Preparation of odour maps; site specific plans that identify all sources of odour during normal and abnormal operations and ensure appropriate techniques and processes are harnessed to minimise the odour release.
- Equipment supply; we can supply plant for both short term hire, long term rental and outright purchase. Our range of equipment includes conventional gas scrubbers and bio solutions.