Physical & Analytical Chemistry Service
The Analytical Chemistry Team provides services ranging from product testing to research and development. The laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation that enables routine analysis to be performed rapidly and cost-effectively without compromising quality. The team also has the ability to work with radiolabelled substances, if required. For more complex work, the team are experienced in the development of novel techniques used for analysis at ultra-trace levels.
Product Testing for Notification and Registration Purposes
Product testing is required for regulatory submissions for new and existing product registrations worldwide. Experienced chemists can determine various physical-chemistry parameters and routinely analyse samples from ecotoxicological and environmental fate studies.
Environmental samples commonly contain complex mixtures whether arising from groundwater, surface waters, effluents, sediments or soils. Such samples often require extensive clean-up to remove interferences introduced by the matrix to facilitate analysis. The team are highly competent in:
- qualitative analyses of complex structures;
- identification and quantification in complex matrices at ultra trace levels;
- identification and structural elucidation of metabolites and unknowns using multi-stage MS.
- OECD 105 : Water Solubility
- OECD 111 : Hydrolysis as a Function of pH
- OECD 121 : Estimation of Adsorption Coefficient (KOC)
- OECD 107, 117 & 123 : Determination of the Partition Coefficient (POW) by the shake-flask method, HPLC screen or slow-stirring method