Pipeline Cleaning / Air - Water Jetting / Polly Pig Method
The air - water pipe flushing is a precautionary cleaning of potable water systems up to DN400. Sediments such as ferric, manganese, lime, humus, sludge, sand and other deposits will be removed from the pipe preventing from the danger of water turbidity, unpleasant odour and bad taste.
Most popular related searches
The air - water flushing is a simple but very effe...
The air - water flushing is a simple but very effective method to clean water pipes and can be carried out practically anywhere.
A selected part of the water network has to be isolated. Through a hydrant, a measured volume of air, depending on the specific parameters of the situation, is introduced into the isolated pipe system. The inserted air is purified (cooled - oil fre - sterile) through a computer operated air preparation system. At the same time water is fed into the isolated pipe system through a gate valve. High flow rates up to 25 m/s are achieved. The turbulence created by the air-water mixture causes loosening of pipe sediments.
Flushing water, containing the dissolved particles, is drained via hydrants and valves. At terminal pipes the air-water mixture is flushed out through house service connections.
Air - Water - Jetting Advantages
- Range of application up to DN 400
- Easy installation
- Improvement of valve performance
- Cost effectiveness
Pig Trap Technology
The pigging of pipelines is an old and elaborate procedure containing the risk that the polly-pig gets stuck in the pipe. And often expensive construction measures become necessary.
- There are basically three different types of pigs with different hardnesses.
- Within each group, they are divided into about 15 different types for different applications.
- The pig can be bigger than the pipe up to a max. of 5%.
- It works like a hydraulic ram in the particular medium (e.g. water).
- Even longer line sections can be cleaned with pigs but it takes a relatively long time because the speed is 0.5 - 1.0 m / s.
For PVC and plastic pipes
- SW = swab, foam rubber coated with polyester, very soft pig
- DF = dura-form foam rubber coated with polyurethane, medium / hard pig
- XX = criss-cross Polyurethane plastic with DF
- SH = splitted DF for steel and castings
For steel and cast iron pipes
- WB = wire-brush XX integrated steel core
- St = stud-big XX integrated steel hooks
- Others: as for PVC and plastic pipes
No reviews were found for Pipeline Cleaning / Air - Water Jetting / Polly Pig Method. Be the first to review!