Planning, Permitting and EIA Service
Our in-depth knowledge of UK and European legislation maximises a site's potential through well maintained compliance standards.
ESG have a range of planning and permitting services designed to meet the specific needs of its clients ranging from the preparation of initial feasibility studies to the complete management of consents and approvals required for a project. Our approach is to develop a partnered strategy with clients in order to effectively meet their business objectives. This is particularly necessary in the area of planning and permitting where a variety of factors can affect project schedules requiring specialist contributions from all members of the project team ie. client and consultant.
We understand these pressures and have been successful in ensuring that consents and permissions are obtained as planned thereby avoiding delays and additional expense. Our particular skills in this field enable us to:
- Identify environmental and commercial risks early within the project lifecycle
- Determine significant environmental aspects of development and operation
- Develop technically justifiable, best cost solutions compliant with the concept of Best Available Technique (BAT)
- Manage and influence key stakeholders eg. regulatory authorities
- Effectively project manage the overall permitting process and expedite the project schedule.
The range of planning and permitting services offered by ESG are provided below. Importantly these can be customised to meet the needs of a particular client and project.
- Feasibility studies
- Land-use planning appraisals
- Environmental risk assessment
- Flood risk assessment
- Site selection investigations
- Regulatory impact assessments
- Scoping studies
- Environmental statements
- Assessment of environmental effects
- Visual impacts
- Waste and effluents
- Land contamination
- Air quality
- Traffic impacts
- Support to planning appeals.
- Environmental permit applications and variations
- Assessment of BAT
- Noise controls
- Energy efficient measures
- Environmental management systems (EMS)
- Waste minimisation
- Risk assessments (e.g. hydrogeological, gas, stability)
- Site condition investigations
- Site condition report
- Appeals to Environment Agency
- Quarry waste management plans
- Discharge consent applications and monitoring.