Redevelopment of Brownfield Sites
EPI has been involved with investigation, RI/FS, and cleanup of Brownfields since before the widespread use of the term in the middle 1990’s. We have secured grants, designed and implemented remedial investigations, designed and managed cleanups, obtained No Further Remediation and No Further Action determinations from State Agencies, and we have successfully redeveloped Brownfields Sites.
- Environmental Impact & Feasibility Studies
- Environmental Remediation
- Wastewater Treatment Plants
- LEED Consulting
- ISO 14000 Evaluations & Consulting
- Community Development
- Structural & Civil Engineering
- Hydrology-Marine Ecology & Watersheds
- Geotechnical Engineering & Testing
- Industrial Maintenance
- Hazardous Waste Remediation
- Bio-Remediation & Soil Vapor Extraction
- Landfill Design
- Water Resources Planning
- Desalination Plants
- Solar Energy
- Communication Systems
- Infrastructure & Facilities Design & Planning
- Construction Management
- Water Quality Services
- Facility & Plant Personnel Training
- Surveying & Mapping
Environmental Protection Industries, Inc. (EPI) is an environmental management, engineering and remediation design-build firm providing turn-key Green solutions for existing residential, commercial, industrial and new development projects. Michael Musa, President and CEO is a native Jordanian citizen who has a passion to bring EPI’s expertise and experience to encompass development in ecologically challenged areas of Jordan and the Middle East.Environmental restoration has been EPI’s core business since the early 1990’s. With the advent of the Green movement, EPI continues to remain in the forefront of environmentally responsible development standards, the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Program and provide remediation and development projects that prevent significant ecological deterioration of the surrounding areas, and in fact, enhance the environment.
Our group of development, environmental, construction and scientific professionals are a growing and evolving team of elite environmental, engineering, architectural and research professionals with one common vision – the future development of sustainable ecofriendly communities that rely on renewable energy sources, manage natural resources, reduce green house gas emissions, and increase the quality of life for the global population.
- Algae Biomass “Emerald Forest”
- Sun Phocus Technologies, LLC
- All-Cell Technologies, LLC
EPI and IIT have partnered to foster sustainable communities with research for and the development of biotree designs and optimization (vertical bio- reactors), optical assembly for sunlight capture, industrial CO2 sequestration, solar thermal, solar desalination, salinity controlled ponds, and us of hydrogels for water management and desalination.Research efforts are focused on large-scale hybrid communities comprising a mixture of residential quarters and natural and artificial forests set on desert land within 10-20 miles of the sea or ocean. The residential components include complete communities centered around artificial salinity-controlled saltwater lakes. The biotrees are vertical bioreactors for the production of aquatic biomass with optimal utilization of solar sunlight and sequestered industrial carbon dioxide emissions.Due to the vertical design, these forests have a capacity for producing a biomass yield that is magnitudes higher than the traditional biofuel crops. Futher, this technology, unlike others, does not compete for agricultural land and does not require fresh water usage.The “Emerald Forest” concept is expected to positively impact weather patterns in the locale and will create a new emerging ecology in the desert that integrates wildlife into the community.
- Thermal management solution for lithiom-ion battery systems
- Applications for hybrid electric vehicles and light electric vehicles
- Patented cost-effective system that absorbs the heat and reduces the safety risk of lithiom-ion batteries
- Holographic planar concentrator called HoloSun™
- HoloSun™ is an inexpensive, transparent holographic film that concentrates sunlight onto photovoltaic (PV) cells, reducing the number of PV
- cells required for a desired power output.
- Increases electricity production from PV cells used in electricity generating windows.