Sample Testing Services
From Cambi Services
As the pioneering technology supplier within Thermal Hydrolysis, Cambi have a deep understanding and broad experience of sludge behavior and properties, and have implemented this knowledge in the design of several existing plants currently in operation. In cases where the composition of the sludge is less-known there might be uncertainties, in close collaboration with customers, Cambi can perform laboratory testing to investigate the effect of Thermal Hydrolysis on specific sludge. These tests provide quality results to be used as input to the Basis of Design for the large scale THP plant.
Typical laboratory tests may include (but not limited to):
- VSR/COD conversion/BMP (Bio-Methane Potential),
- Sludge rheology
- Identifying optimal Thermal Hydrolysis configurations and conditions
Our Laboratory Testing Services offer the following steps:
- Planning of the test, according to specified test protocol to achieve representative data for large scale design.
- Execution of the test at Cambi test facilities at Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU), or in collaboration with partner universities in other geographies.
- Interpretation, analysis and reporting of the results.
- In special situations, we can support test execution at third-party facilities including training, supervision and equipment rental.
The laboratory testing has a flexible scheme and can be tailored according to project and client specific needs.
Cambi’s partners Berlin, Bucknell, NMBU, University of South Hampton
Cambi holds a range of pilot plants and test rigs ( capacities ranging from 2 litre to 100 litre) available to clients who wish to perform a test case and to analyze the results of hydrolyzing their particular sludge or when verification of specific issues regarding a variety of effects on biological material is needed. Cambi test rigs are available either through rental packages (fixed and portable rigs) or for purchase where they are designed and customized based on client’s specific needs.
Cambi also provides support regarding transportation of the test rig to the site, installation and hook-up supervision of the supplied equipment, Start-up supervision, Training of operators, certificates giving rights for the operation of the unit throughout the rental period.