Structured Media Care Program Services
Structured media beds can often be plugged by inorganics or particulate that is difficult to remove with a bake-out, vacuuming, or basic flush. To help maintain the peak performance of regenerative thermal oxidizers and regenerative catalytic oxidizers, B&W MEGTEC offers a high-volume chemical cleaning system solution that can help restore your equipment air flow, which can lead to energy savings. And to help all keep your equipment operating at its best, we provide additional parts, service, maintenance, refractory, and other services and upgrades for oxidizers by most OEMs.
Your structured media bed can often be plugged by inorganics or particulate that are difficult to remove with a bake-out, vacuuming, or basic flush. Babcock & Wilcox MEGTEC (B&W MEGTEC) offers a high volume chemical cleaning system solution that can help restore your equipment’s air flow and overall performance which can lead to energy savings.
- Remove most inorganics
- Restore pressure drop, often to near new levels
- Restores flow volume, often to near new levels
- Cleans cold face and support structure
- Reduces gas and electricity consumption
- Random packing
- Saddles of all sizes
- Multi layered media
- Plug resistant media
- Specially structured media
- Alkali resistant media
- Regenerative Catalytic Oxidizer (RCO) catalyst testing
- Partial replacement
- Full turnkey services
Media Service, Monitoring and Testing B&W MEGTEC can provide the media care program that meets your needs including:
- Pressure drop monitoring and reporting
- Sample monitoring and reporting
- Planned wash-outs during scheduled maintenance outages
- Ceramic media analysis
- Catalyzed media testing
B&W MEGTEC can design and install the media bed, support structure, and flow distribution system. Capabilities and benefits could include:
- Increased flow up to 20%
- Improved silicone and particulate resistance
- Prolonged media life
- Media beds designed for ease of cleaning
- Reduced pressure drop and electrical consumption
- Flow modeling to prove flow distribution
- Cold face and cold face support
Not all oxidizers were created equally. System flow distribution and uniformity canbe as important as the media you choose.
B&W MEGTEC continues to provide additional parts, service, maintenance, refractory, and other quality services and upgrades for oxidizers by most OEMs to keep your equipment operating at its best.