Sustainable Design - Small Development Footprint
With AirField Systems AirDrain you can reduce your irrigation needs as concluded in a research project by Texas A&M in partnership with the USGA. A 5 year research study that was a collaborative effort between Texas A&M (College Station), AirField Systems (OKC, Ok.), and the USGA shows that AirDrain provides up to 4 more days of plant available water than traditional gravel drainage, creating a nearly perfect perched water table.
With AirDrain you can capture and reuse storm water and expensive irrigation from greens, tee boxes, and bunkers. AirDrain provides 100% vertical drainage across every inch of your playing surface, allowing water to evacuate and keeping your greens, tee boxes and bunkers playable. AirDrain also creates a 1' void space at the bottom of the profile allowing valuable root gas interchange which promotes healthier roots and turf, click on the following link to view Chesapeake Energy's Rooftop Sports Field incredible 6” root growth in just 5 weeks.
In addition, AirDrain by AirField Systems installation time is measured in days compared to weeks with traditional gravel drainage layers. AirDrain arrives on site in 53” trailers, palletized and ready for install. Unlike gravel drainage, with AirDrain there is no need for heavy dump trucks or costly equipment compacting your course.
Read the final report for the 5 year Texas A&M University research project sponsored by AirField Systems and the USGA
Benefits of an AirField golf system include:
- Up to 4 more days of plant available water stored in the root zone
- Water harvesting / Capture and reuse of storm water and irrigation
- Significantly reduces daily irrigation needs
- A nearly perfect perched water table
- Healthier turf / Stronger root system
- 100% Vertical Drainage across entire playing surface
- Eliminates standing water / Reduces maintenance
- Replaces the gravel drainage layer
- Minimal site disturbance / Far less excavation and disposal
- Installation days saved over a gravel install
- Compact shipping reducing transportation costs