Technical and Analytical Capabilities Services
Chlorine dioxide generators are designed to be highly efficient and reliable systems that are easy to maintain. The ClO2 business of International Dioxcide provides the technological and analytical capabilities required to assess and design specific ClO2 treatment needs. We also offer the total ongoing customer assistance necessary to support new applications.
Our chlorine dioxide capabilities include:
- Demand Studies
- Site Audits
- Pilot and Full-Scale Trials
- Assistance with Designs and Specifications
- Analytical Training and Support
- Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Equipment Upgrades
- Sodium Chlorite Supply (EPA, ANSI/NSF Standard 60 Registered)
The ClO2 business of International Dioxcide has world-class standards on safety, reliability, and process management. The extra steps that we take to ensure safety include:
- Process Safety Information – Including analysis of chemical hazards, technical detail on the process, materials of construction, relief systems, and safety systems.
- Process Hazard Analysis – Including detailed analysis of “What If” cases, identification of potential incidents and how to mitigate, identification of any previous incidents and necessary corrective action, physical location of the process, and other detailed information.
- Operating Procedures – Consisting of detailed steps for each operating phase of the process, emergency procedures, control measures if releases should occur, and a continuous review of all procedures to ensure they are up-to-date.
- Training – Including initial training for each employee, refresher training, and formal training documentation. Contractors working in or on the process also receive training before such work.
- Mechanical Integrity – Consisting of written maintenance procedures, training for maintenance personnel, inspection and testing requirements, repair of deficiencies in equipment, quality assurance procedures, and spare parts acceptability to the particular process.
- Management of Change – A formal process that includes the discipline or examining changes to the process (chemicals used, equipment, technology, employees involved in operating the process, etc.) before they are made to help ensure all systems continuously operate safely.
- Pre-Start-Up Review – Including a process safety review of all changes in operations that require a modification.
- Product Stewardship – The business process is responsible for the management of a product throughout its existing life cycle, focusing on health, safety, and environment.
In many instances, ClO2 is used to meet regulatory compliance requirements. A key element in any successful application of ClO2 is an understanding of the local regulatory requirements for each specific application. The regulatory knowledge requirement applies to both the chemical precursor, sodium chlorite, as well as the on-site generated ClO2 solution.
Our regulatory experts are available to assist with questions you may have pertaining to local approvals. Our regulatory expertise also includes knowledge regarding the associated by-products of ClO2 in water and how they might impact your specific application. If needed, we can assist you in dealing with your local regulatory authorities. We can also provide educational training seminars to regulatory authorities.
Our technical experts have extensive water treatment experience and expertise in a wide variety of industrial, municipal and food applications. They are uniquely qualified to help develop the optimum treatment protocol for your application. Additional areas of expertise include material handling, compatibility, corrosion, microbiology, regulatory, product stewardship, and process safety management.