Air Comm operates environmental test lab facilities to facilitate the design of efficient environmental control systems , thermal and air management equipment, including blowers, motors, and valves to insure that customer specifications are precisely met, the facilities are capable of testing a variety of air conditioning technologies, including split-systems, packaged air conditioners and heat pumps, compressor optimization, water cooled condenser systems, and refrigerant-to-water loops.
On an individual component level, the lab can evaluate the performance of evaporator and condenser coils, blowers and compressors. The lab can operate 12v dc, 28v dc or 400hz ac equipment. We can analyze electric systems as well as engine driven systems.
Most importantly, an entire air conditioning system can be assembled in the lab and operated under differing conditions while the computer monitors system performance. Our data acquisition system allows us to acquire 90 channels of information (pressures, temperatures, current draw, air flows, etc.) on a real time basis.
Air Comm's environmental lab can effectively simmulate any environment on earth. Condenser room temperatures can be raised as high as 140°F. In the evaporator room, temperature can be varied from 40°F to 130°F while relative humidity can be varied from 5-95%. These conditions can be held to a 1° tolerance while the system is operating.
By operating our systems in our test lab, our engineers are able to refine system design to achieve maximum efficiency and performance. This includes:
- Optimization of superheat and sub-cooling settings
- Monitoring of the system’s response to atmospheric and air density changes
- Measurement of ducting and distribution changes
- Accountability of the effect of refrigerant plumbing routing and sizing
- Evaluation of changes to component selection and orientation
- Blower and fan performance testing
- Compressor volumetric efficiency testing
- Air-side and liquid-side psychrometric testing for Vapor Cycle Air-Conditioning (VCS) systems
- VCS system efficiency, performance and capacity optimization and validation testing
- Psychrometric calorimeter testing with enthalpy potential monitoring
- Blower and fan performance and optimization testing
- Steady state performance testing
- Pull down performance testing
- Ducting and distribution performance optimization testing
- Compressor volumetric efficiency performance and optimization testing
- Heat exchanger and ducting pressure drop validation testing
- 10 CFR Part 430 testing
- Title 24 of California Energy Efficiency Testing
- ARI 210/240 air conditioning and air source heat pump testing
- ARI 340/360 performance testing and rating
- ARI 810/820 testing