Terra Systems, Incorporated’s Treatability Laboratory is located at 130 Hickman Road, Suite 1, Claymont, Delaware 19703. Terra Systems is one of the most experienced companies in conducting treatability studies having conducted over 200 studies.
Typical treatability studies and lab services include:
- In Situ Chemical Oxidation Studies Including Soil Oxidant Demand and Destruction Removal Efficiency Testing
- In Situ Chemical Reduction Studies with Zero Valent Iron or Other Chemical Reductants
- In Situ Anaerobic Bioremediation Studies of Chlorinated Solvents, Reducible Metals like Hexavalent Chromium, and Nitrate
- In Situ Aerobic Bioremediation Studies of Petroleum, MTBE, 1,4-Dioxane, and Other Organics
- Monitored Natural Attenuation Studies of Chlorinated Solvents and Petroleum
- Petroleum Hydrocarbon Utilizer Counts
- Heterotrophic Plate Counts
Terra Systems can also evaluate the benefits of:
- inorganic nutrient additions
- pH control
- oxygen sources from sparged oxygen, slow release oxygen compounds or hydrogen peroxide
- bioaugmentation with Dehalococcoides, Dehalobacter, or specialized organisms for biodegradation of organics like MTBE or 1,4-dioxane
TSI has an EPA permit DEN201200001 to accept and dispose of hazardous wastes from treatability studies. TSI also has a USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service Permit to Receive Soil that allows us to import foreign soils for treatability testing. Please contact Michael Lee, Ph,D. for the procedures to import soil and permit information. A chain-of-custody form for submittal of samples to TSI is attached in Excel and as an Adobe Acrobat pdf.