Wastewater Reuse Solutions Services
We all know that water is a precious commodity. So treating and reusing water for agricultural, industrial and domestic use is an energy-efficient and cost-effective way to improve the water supply. Water Reuse as an industry has been around for many years but the core technology and process hasn’t changed significantly during that time.
- IDE purifies treated municipal wastewater and turns it into high quality water for potable or industrial use.
- IDE’s water reuse technology is a significant step change for the industry. It’s safe, environmentally friendly and energy efficient.
IDE’s technology keeps capital expenditure and operational costs at record low levels with significant innovations:
- Uses the lowest possible amount of energy whilst maintaining the highest standards of water quality
- Removes organic content better than current systems due to advanced carbon filters. Organic content level of our reused water is lower than tap water.
- Proven, robust, advanced sand filtration system that can handle high levels of total suspended solids (TSS).
- Chemical-free pre-treatment reduces environmental impact
- Effective Reverse Osmosis process that purifies the water to high purity levels, including patented Direct Osmosis High Salinity (DOHS) solution for continuous membrane cleaning using plain salt (NaCl).
- Additional high-level purification is also available for pure industrial purposes (EDI) or for direct potable use (Oxidation, UV and chlorination)
- Multimedia filter for robust TSS and total organic carbon (TOC) removal
- Powder Activated Carbon (PAC) and Ultra-Filtration cycle for effective removal of dissolved organic carbon (DOC ) .
- DOHS cleaning–– flushes the reverse osmosis membrane to maintain consistent performance and eliminate the need for the cleaning chemicals used in traditional systems
- MWEER – the most efficient method for pressure energy recovery
So, how does this affect you?
IDE SARP technology enables safe water-reuse for any purpose. This means that your business and your community can benefit from a new source of water. You can economically and ecologically re-use treated wastewater, which is currently disposed of. It means affordable purified water for industry. The water is perfectly safe for drinking and can be used either directly as potable water, or indirectly by routing the purified water to recharge groundwater aquifers or nearby lakes and reservoirs.
IDE’s process is sustainable. It consumes very little energy (in some cases lower consumption than the energy consumed for ground-water pumping and piping), and utilizes low levels of purification chemicals (detergents) that are comparable to the amounts used today for purifying your existing tap water. The rejected brine and sludge from IDE’s SARP process are also utilised to produce energy (methane gas) and organic fertilisers, so the process is virtually waste-free.