Water-Resource Studies Service
From Our Expertise
Given the protracted nature of many water-resource problems, it is critical that a consultant has the ability to define and focus on the relevant issues in order to develop timely and cost-effective solutions.
Through its years of experience, SSP&A has developed that ability -- to pinpoint the technical and regulatory issues confronting our clients, to conceptualize the most pragmatic and cost-effective approach for the particular issue at hand, and to provide state-of-the-art technical services for investigating and addressing our clients water-resource needs and issues.
- Identification of the direction and rate of groundwater movement;
- Analysis of aquifer recharge / discharge mechanisms;
- Analysis of vadose-zone and design of groundwater monitoring networks;
- Development of groundwater supply, and evaluation of suitability of a water-resource for irrigation and industrial use;
- Testing and analysis of aquifers to define:
- Hydraulic properties of water-bearing units,
- Secondary or low permeability characteristics,
- Leakage of confining units,
- Storage capacity,
- Safe yield of aquifer systems, and
- Pumpage rate estimates;
- Analysis and implementation of subsurface disposal/injection of liquids;
- Dewatering (of mines and for slope stability).
- Analysis of groundwater/surface-water relationships and conjunctive use;
- Identification of local and regional water use;
- Evaluation and simulation of circulation and flow in rivers and estuaries and of sediment transport;
- Identification of sediment deposition and impact zones;
- Water-quality monitoring of springs, seeps, streams and ponds;
- Monitoring stream-stage/piezometer relationships.