XRF Air Filter Metals Analysis Services
From Lab & Field Services
Cooper Environmental is committed to providing high quality, competitively priced analytical results with rapid turn-around-times. We employ energy dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (ED-XRF) as our analytical technique to quantify the metals deposited on filters.
- Our lab is EPA approved for the analysis of PTFE and quartz PM2.5 speciation filters
- XRF is applicable to atomic numbers ranging from 13 (Al) to 92 (U)
- Our detection limits are extremely low
- All spectroscopic results are traceable to NIST
- We can analyze particulate deposit diameters ranging from 0.1 cm to 20 cm
- Analysis of 25, 37, and 47 mm diameter filters is routine. High-vol (8×10″) filters can also be analyzed by conducting the analysis on a circular punch
- Continuous sampling system tape analysis such as subsequent, off-line analysis of beta-attenuation monitor filter tape
Our Quality Management Plan is performed in accordance with EPA Compendium Method IO-3.3: For the Determination of Metals in Ambient Matter Using X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Spectroscopy.