01dB - Version CadnaA - Outdoor Noise Prediction Software
With more than 30 implemented standards and guidelines, powerful calculation algorithms, extensive tools for object handling, outstanding 3D visualization and the very user-friendly interface CadnaA is the perfect software to handle national and international noise calculation and noise mapping projects of any size.
CadnaA with extension Option APL also allows calculation, assessment and presentation of air pollutant distribution.
With its technical capabilities and its ease of use CadnaA represents state-of-the-art technology. CadnaA communicates perfectly with other Windows applications like word processors, spreadsheet calculators, CAD software and GIS-databases.
CadnaA includes a multi-lingual user interface and is successfully applied in more than 60 countries all over the world.
CadnaA offers extremely powerful and extensive features for 3D visualization. With just one mouse click, any graphic view of the project can be generated. Dynamic 3D allows in real-time to drive through or even fly over your project model, e.g. a city or a large industrial plant. It is possible to stop anytime, look around and - by using mouse and arrow keys - continue moving in any direction. A video in AVI format can be created of every tour through the project model.
A mistake inside a 3D model (wrong height of a building), CadnaA allows to click directly on an object in the 3D view. The result can be viewed immediately on your screen. This allows comfortable check and alteration of the model.
CadnaA allows to handle projects of any size. There are practically no limits set by the software regarding number of objects (sources, buildings, contour lines, receiver points etc.). A large refinery with thousands of sources is just as easily assessed as cities or entire regions with numerous buildings and complex ground model. All project data are stored very conveniently in one file also including all project variants. This also allows very easy administration of different scenarios.
The only limitation for large projects is due to hardware memory. To break this one, CadnaA offers powerful features (PCSP technology for distributed calculation) and extensions (Option CALC: Networked distributed calculation). In fact with CadnaA you can handle projects of any size.
CadnaA offers very powerful features for the manipulation and representation of objects. Most actions need only one or a few mouse clicks to be performed. Some effective features are for example:
- Copy graphics or tables via the clipboard
- Automatic labeling of objects
- Coloring of objects based on parameters
- Addressing actions to a group of objects
- Modifying object attributes with string-operations
- Direct access to objects and their data…
With CadnaA noise maps can be combined using an extremely flexible strategy. With the command 'grid arithmetic' any user defined expression with complete noise maps as operands is evaluated and produces a new map. For example, a road noise map r1 and a train noise map r2 used with the formula r1++r2 produces a new map with the noise levels of road and railway added up energetically.
CadnaA offers already numerous powerful features. But with the following extensions you can even increase the range of features to get your work organized in a more efficient way or to enter new fields of application.
- Option BMP: Importing and combining of scanned maps and pictures serving as background
- Option BPL: Automatic or manual optimization of noise emission
- Option SET: Sound emission and transmission generation of sound power spectra based on technical system parameters
- Option XL: Strategic noise mapping calculation with unlimited number of screening objects for noise mapping of larger area project
- Option FLG: Calculation of noise contours around civil and military airports according to all relevant standards (INM 7.0 (Integrated Noise Model), ICAN (AzB 2008), AzB (old), ECAC Doc. 29 (2nd / 3rd Edition) or DIN 45684-1)
- Option APL: Calculation of air pollutants distribution e.g. for PM10 (fine particles), NO2, NOX, SO2 and benzene
- Option 64: With CadnaA 64-bit version extensive calculations and analysis can be done much more efficient and timesaving
- Option CALC: Distributed calculation in a network.
Here are the main new features of version 4.3.
- Computation: NMPB 2008 complete implementation! Including new meteorological values for France
- Buildings: more realism is now possible!
- Façades textures can be edited using Bitmaps (same for roofs)
- Noise sources can be edited directly on 2D projection façades
- Roofs: roof top edges can be entered using the object “Barriers”
- 3D-Display: displaying façade textures and building noise maps simultaneously is now possible.
Two new standards for aircraft noise calculations are now implemented into CadnaA:
- INM 7.0d (integrated Noise Model)
- ECAC Doc. 29, 3rd edition
With these new functionalities, CadnaA becomes the most complete solution available in the noise prediction software market for airport noise assessment.