AERSCREEN View - Version 2.0 - Screening Air Dispersion Model for AERMOD
AERSCREEN View is a user friendly interface for the US EPA AERSCREEN screening-level air quality model and associated modeling programs. AERSCREEN estimates worst-case impacts of ground level concentrations for a single source by interfacing with the screening mode of the AERMOD model. Scenarios can include simple or complex terrain, building downwash, and NO2 chemistry.
With AERSCREEN View, users can perform simultaneous model runs for a variety of source types and scenarios. The Scenario Wizard makes it easy to create and manage inputs for different model inputs. The program also contains many attractive display options for model output including text, graphical, and tabular formats. Preliminary modeling with AERSCREEN View can remove the need for more complicated modeling, saving you time, and resources.
Integrated Graphical User Interface
Fully integrated interface combining easy to use graphical tools (e.g., sources, buildings), model run batcher, and advanced output display.
Allows you to quickly and easily set up modeling scenarios in AERSCREEN View. Data blocks are intuitively grouped for simple data entry. Incorporate downwash, terrain effects, meteorological options, and more with ease.
Data Tree Display
AERSCREEN View stores all scenarios in a convenient data tree display for easy access. You can create new scenarios, copy existing ones, and quickly analyze multiple output files with the click of a mouse.
New Project Wizard
The New Project Wizard allows you to quickly and easily set up a new project in AERSCREEN View. You can import from an existing AERSCREEN input file or set up a brand new project by specifying a reference point in Latitude/Longitude, UTM, or any other local coordinate system.
Terrain Processor with Automatic Downloads
Advanced terrain processing capabilities are offered for several terrain data file formats such as NED, SRTM, and USGS DEM. Automated download of terrain data files from webGIS. SRTM3 terrain data at 90 m resolution is available worldwide.
Advanced Output Viewer
Review output from each scenario as text output files, tabular concentration data, and fully-customizable output graphics are available for you to analyze and interpret.
Model Run Batcher
AERSCREEN View automatically creates and processes input files via the Model Run Batcher. With AERSCREEN View, you can run multiple scenarios simultaneously saving you valuable time.
Seamless Model Integration
AERSCREEN View includes all of the Fortran programs necessary to complete your analysis: BPIP (building downwash), AERMAP (terrain processing), MAKEMET (meteorology data), and AERMOD (dispersion analysis).
AERSCREEN View is an interface for the AERSCREEN US EPA air dispersion model. See below technical specifications for this model:
- Model Name : AERSCREEN
- Developed By : United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA)
- Model Type : Steady-state Gaussian plume screening-level air dispersion model (interfaces with the AERMOD model)
- Range : Up to 50km from the source
- Atmospheric Stability Model : Planetary boundary layer theory, turbulence scaling concepts
- Release Types : Buoyant or neutrally buoyant plumes
- Emission Types : Constant or planned or fugitive
- Atmospheric Chemistry : NOvto NO. (OLM and PVMRM methods)
- Source Types : Point, area, volume, flare*
- Meteorology : Site-specific matrix of meteorological conditions generated by MAKEMET
- Terrain : Flat or elevated terrain preprocessed byAERMAP model
- Receptors : Automatically-generated receptor array out to user-defined maximum downwind distance and up to 10 discrete receptor distances
- Other Options : Building downwash modeled byBPIP-PRIME
- Regulatory Status : Preferred US EPA regulatory model for near-field applications
This product is a Microsoft Windows-based program that can be installed in the following Windows operating systems:
- 32-Bit and 64-Bit Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate Versions)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (Business and Ultimate Versions)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3)
- An Intel Pentium 4 processor (or equivalent) or higher
- At least 2 GB of available hard disk space
- 1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended)