Airside Pro - Version Plus - Wildlife Module
From Airside Pro
The presence of wildlife on and near airports is a serious risk for safety of aircraft. However, management of wildlife is not an easy task. Monitoring wildlife presence and behavior is a vital part in finding solutions that work on the long term. In recent years more and more airports have started reporting on wildlife presence and management activity, but this still involves a lot of paperwork. Data often flows in one direction: from airside to office, where it takes a long time before it is evaluated and might never be returned to the wildlife officer. The +Wildlife Module contains elemental functionality to disperse wildlife and to effectively collect and analyze data to gain insight in wildlife presence.
Airside Pro +Wildlife: Everything a wildlife officer needs, integrated in one user-friendly software tool.
Compliant with ICAO regulations
In 2003, ICAO upgraded the Recommended Practices on wildlife strike prevention into Standards, laid down in ICAO Annex 14, Volume I, chapter 9.4. This means that the implementation of these Standards is now no longer optional. Further detailed guidance is provided in the
Airport Services Manual Part 3 to Annex 14. The ICAO standards focus on three processes:
- Collecting information on the presence of living wildlife and wildlife strikes
- On-going risk assessments of the wildlife strike hazard
- Measures to minimize the likelihood of wildlife strikes.
Extensive collection of dispersal sounds
The mobile app features a collection of dispersal sounds consisting of bio acoustics, sounds for Acoustic Startle Reflexes (ASR) and unnatural dispersal sounds. It contains more than 100 sounds that have been proven effective for wildlife dispersal.
Individual performance optimization
Airside Pro supports trainers and auditors in coaching wildlife officers. The web application displays the individual performances of wildlife officers and these performances are rated based on their effort in dispersing wildlife. Ratings are calculated based on dispersing high risk, medium risk and low risk animals.
+Wildlife species database
+Wildlife species database
- +Wildlife module features a complete scientific database with over 10,000 bird and animal species with the possibility to assign local names. This makes any unwanted duplicates in your wildlife reports an issue of the past.
- Dispersal method database
- A complete database of dispersal categories is included with the possibility to customize this to your bird dispersal toolbox.
Exchange of data
- To enable learning on a global scale, the exchange of anonymous data is possible with every airport in the world using Airside Pro.
Monitoring Wildlife Presence and Behavior
Airside Pro offers wildlife officers to log four different wildlife situations: wildlife dispersal actions, dead animals, runway crossings and wildlife observations. The different reports are stored in the database for future analysis or direct sharing.
- Complete wildlife reporting
- ICAO compliant
- Enables detailed analysis
An action of a wildlife officer in dispersing animals. The effectiveness of dispersal tools can be evaluated overtime.
A corpse consists of a dead animal which potentially indicates a wildlife strike.
Animals crossing runways pose a serious risk to aircraft. Therefore it is important to gain insight on migration routes.
Observations of animals can quickly be logged in order to gain insight in bird presence.
Comprehensive Registration of Events
The Airside Pro software tool features innovative logging functionality to quickly and easily log any dispersal actions, runway crossings, dead animals, wildlife strikes and wildlife observations. These logs can include pictures and additional notes. The wireless connection sends the data directly to the central database.
- Fast logging
- Complete reporting
- Direct connection to database
Intuitive User Interface Enables Ultrafast Reporting
Reporting used to be a time consuming and boring activity, keeping wildlife officers from their primary task. The reporting functionality in Airside Pro is designed to intuitively register events in the shortest possible time, saving valuable time.
- Minimum amount of finger movement
- Artificial intelligent wildlife species shortlist
- Report effectiveness of dispersal methods
- Location and flight direction
- Optional remarks and photos
Statistics: An Informational Treasure
The data generated by the reports becomes a valuable source of strategic information. Airside Pro offers an easy way to analyze large amounts of data. By visualizing the data in graphs, charts and heat maps it is easy to identify trends or critical hotspots. The raw data can be exported to Excel for further analysis. Statistics enable analysis of trends and changes in wildlife behavior. This information is useful for habitat managers and wildlife managers in evaluating their methods.
Occurance of selected species:
- During selected time periods
- During segments of a day or year
- On specific airport locations
- Effect of dispersal techniques
- Comparison with global data
Mobile statistics: Bringing real time knowledge to the wildlife officer
Through the statistics feature, Airside Pro users can obtain updated information regarding location, season, wildlife species and the most effective dispersal methods.
The mobile app produces compact reports of essential information for wildlife control activities.
Airside Pro: For Different Users
Habitat managers use Airside Pro to gain valuable insight in wildlife hotspots and review habitat modification actions.
Wildlife control trainer
Wildlife control trainers use Airside Pro to gain insight in performance of the team and effectiveness of their dispersal methods in relation to the existing animal species.
Legal officers use Airside Pro for liability protection and documentation of given airside situations from the past.
Airside operations manager
Airside operations managers use Airside Pro for a real time and comprehensive overview of the current situation and easy access to any airside situation from the past.
Airside operators use Airside Pro for a direct communication link to their colleagues without the need to use the radio.
Wildlife officers use Airside Pro to record their wildlife management actions in an ultrafast way, compared to using pen and paper.
The Revolutionary Airside Pro Concept
- Engaging the workforce
- Enhancing individual and team performance
- Modernizing airside management
- Tool for communication and data transfers
- Modules to expand functionality
- Ongoing updates and support
- Highly reliable cloud technology
- Real time connectivity
- Collect, visualize and export meaningful data
No reviews were found for Airside Pro - Version Plus - Wildlife Module. Be the first to review!