ALFA21 - Advanced System for the Management of Clinical Analysis Software
ALFA21 is an advanced system for the Management of Clinical Analysis Laboratories that work in both the public as well as the private sector. Requests, results, reports, connections with analysers, invoicing, customised modules, send e-mails.
REDUCE the waiting times
- ALFA21 APT possesses an open architecture that adapts permanently to technological innovation
The Management System ALFA21 APT for Anatomic Pathology is a comprehensive software solution that allows you to fully manage the laboratory and is totally compatible with its environment. It has been developed using Microsoft Visual Studio. Its modular structure allows you to evolve according to your needs and budget. It can be installed on a single computer running Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 to a complex network running Windows 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Server. The application has been programmed to work with the relational databases MS Access and SQL Server. Additionally, the system is optimized to work in Terminal Server, Citrix, etc. environments allowing you to make connections between laboratories, independent of their physical location.
ALFA21has been designed with the aim of being easy to use and to logically follow the analysis process, from the receipt of the request to the issuing of the report.
- The security of the information is guaranteed given that, apart from the standard identification of users, the program gives you the option of logging in through the LDAP server. Customise and limit the actions of each user registered in the application and select the modules of the program that they have access to. A complete auditor registers the activity and the traceability of the data during the use of the program. The program also provides you with tools to perform periodic and unattended backups.
- ALFA21 is a multilingual and multilaboratory system: it allows various collaborative laboratories or different centres of extraction to work under the same licence of the program, sharing common resources and reducing costs. Differentiate the information that can be accessed by each one, configure the medical report as well as the devices available in the laboratories.
- ALFA21 offers you a complete daily process that allows you to register requests, generate work lists, communicate with automatic analysers and other devices, fill in and validate the results, print medical reports and supervise pending tasks. It also has specific modules for appointments, stat requests, reference laboratories, management of documents and images, sample management and serum bank.
- Generate bar codes in order to identify your samples. Our system provides you with different models of codification that allow you to adapt to any situation.
Flexible, Compact And Customizable
- The application allows you to connect with Hospital Information Systems (HIS) to obtain the demographic details of the patients from their medical record.
- The communications with analysers are integrated in the program and are managed from a control panel. ALFA21 is set-up for the simultaneous communication with multiple analysers. Furthermore connect with whatever external device that allows you to(optical mark reader, dataphone, etc.) in order to automate the entry of data.
- Enter results manually by patient, by test or by work list and easily control the previous results of the patients, which includes the 4 previous results while you enter the current ones. It also allows you to perform a Delta Check comparing the variation between the previous results and the last result.
- Validate or revise the results of complete requests, of individual tests or automatically. Apply, if you wish, the double validation of the results, performing a primary test revision and later a final validation. Customise and define selection formula to facilitate the work of the professionals. Using action formulas you can also add, delete or modify results according to the conditions that you decide.
- The application allows you to fully customise the medical report, modifying any aspect of the appearance and layout. You can incorporate different headers, formats, logos, digital signatures, fonts, colours, images, trend charts, functional test representations (e.g. the glucose curve), comments, etc.
- Automatically distribute your medical reports, invoices and orders by assigning report destinations (fax, printer or email). You can also apply digital signatures to your PDF documents to guarantee their integrity and authenticity.
Exploit The Full Potential of Your Company
- The Invoicing module allows you to obtain and easily manage your invoices in paper as well as in the electronic format required by each of your companies. This is complemented by the Cash module, where you can record any economic transaction.
- ALFA21 has a powerful Quality Control module with valued control serum and patient averages, with the possibility of obtaining Levey-Jennings, CUSUM charts or use Westgard rules.
- The Incident Management Module will help you certify or accredit your laboratory according to the ISO standards. The users can register preventive actions, non-conformities or corrective actions related with whatever anomalous situation that can occur in the laboratory, as well as leaving notifications to the user recipients.
- The application allows you to select the language in which you want to use ALFA21.
- The statistics and management is optimized to generate different statistics and trend charts.
- The invoicing of companies, invoicing reports and the invoice manager allow you to obtain and manage your invoices in paper as well as in the electronic format required by each of your companies.
- A complete inventory module allows you to manage the suppliers, reagents and consumables, with the option to discount the stock manually or automatically. Supervise the general status of the warehouse and obtain alerts about the stock and the expiry dates of the items. Completely manage your orders using the program, from their request until their receipt, being able to print any list type.
The program is complemented with an advanced system of remote connection for technical assistance and with tools to facilitate learning: user manual, online help, tutorials and training videos.
ALFA21 Allows You To Grow According To Your Needs
- You have the option to incorporate whatever functionality or work routine required by your laboratory. We find ourselves in continuous development of customised external programs according to the needs of our clients and the evolution of the sector. These are some examples:
- TheALFA21 NET tool allows you to access your ALFA21 database using the Internet / Intranet. Make flexible the querying of results and the obtaining of reports accessing at any time or place using a web browser.
- The sending of SMS service allows you to improve the service you give your patients. Send text messages to their mobile phones to inform them of the availability of their analytical results.
REDUCE THE WAITING TIMES
- Optimize the entry of requests and the patient details using the most suitable method at each moment. Register the requests manually, using optical mark reader sheets or that come from peripherical centres.
- Include the tests individually, using profiles, associated tests or programmed rules. Define test panels according to your needs and achieve a customised and flexible entry of tests.
- You can register the requests by batches requesting the same group of tests for a group of patients in one go, without the need to enter them one by one.
- Configure action formulas in order to add tests to your requests, delete or modify your results and comments according to the conditions set
- Configure the sample ID number format to identify each of the samples, combining the month, year and current day or set a free series. At the same time you can specify an automatic increment when you register each request
- Obtain the expected delivery date of the analysis according to the time it takes to perform each test, taking into account the work calendar defined by the laboratory. Print, if you wish, the corresponding collection slip to notify the patient.
- ALFA21 offers barcode label printing that allows you to obain the exact number of labels according to the tubes used in each request.
- Print request sheets with detailed information of the patient and the tests to perform classified by sections or by containers.
- Mark those requests that are going to be omitted in the monthly invoicing or indicate those requests that need to be validated in order to be invoiced. In order to do this it has a validation module of invoicable requests. Invoice the request directly from the patient details entry screen without accessing the invoicing module.
- Add comments about the request or possible diagnoses. You can indicate the physiological group or the status of the patient, like pregnancy or post-natal, that can vary the normal reference values of some tests.
- Connect the systemwith the health card reader for all the companies that allow it. Pass the card of the patient and receive and incorporate the details from the card into the request sheet. It has an automatic validation system of data entered manually in case you don't have a connection with the health card readers.
- Specify the destination of the report (printer, fax, e-mail, etc.)