Aqua Designer - Version 9.1 - Software for Design of Wastewater Treatment Plants
AQUA DESIGNER is one of the standard design programs for activated sludge plants in Germany and worldwide. The range of tools has been extended over the last few years to all important procedures and procedural stages. Sand trap as ventilated sand and fat catcher or round sand trap. Primary clarifier as rectangular or round basin. Aeration as continuous flow or SBR with common container shapes. Sludge treatment as anaerobic treatment or aerobic stabilization.
New Standard M 227, Membrane Bioreactor
Since AQUA DESIGNER 9.0 very detailed ways of design for Membrane Bioreactor Plants is implemented. In AD 9.1 this part has been refined because of further demands and technical discussions.
The two common kinds of arrangement are available, modules in the activated chamber or modules in separate chambers.
The design is supported by standard values according to the M 227 and by data banks, containing membranes of suppliers, blowers for cross flow and pumps for permeat pumping.
After completing the design of a Membrane Bioreactor the additional tools are available.
Also for MBR you can add
- anaerobic or aerobic sludge treatment
- operational cost
- Oxygen efficiency
- Machine list
- And the other engineering tools of AQUA DESIGNER
- New Standard MSIG, Malaysian Sewerage Industry Guidelines
- New Standard Metcalf & Eddy for load, primary sedimentation and clarifiers
- Automatically generated machine and measuring list
- Automatically generated flow diagram
- Excel Export for the documentations
In the current update version 8.3, we added a Machine List and a Flow Diagram.
After completing a project design including sand- and grease chamber, primary sedimentation, activated chamber, clarifier and return sludge pumping you can add other process steps via the component selection.
The selected steps with a typical set of machines and all the machine data chosen during the design process are listed in the machine list. Also for the measuring equipment a list can be generated. Part of this is also a plant identification system. By this index every machine can be identified in the lists and in the flow diagram.
Based on the design and the selections a flow diagram is generated suitable to the way of calculation.
Continuous adaptation and improvement of the Design and SBR systems through the standard DWA-M 229-1. The following changes have been introduced into leaflet DWA-M 229-1:
- Case 3: The minimum air volume is calculated using a different approach.
- SOTR: The necessary oxygen supply SOTR was modified in particular with regard to the salt content.
- Operating air quantity Q1: The formula for the operating air quantity Q has not been changed.
- This applies to the design of SBR systems.
The modified formulas are listed in detail in the manual for the current version