Automated Animal Watering Software
From Animal Watering
Over 90% of the animal facilities in North America, and an ever-increasing number worldwide, use Edstrom watering systems in their vivariums. Leading pharmaceutical, government and academic research facilities rely on Edstrom for their critical animal watering requirements. We design and manufacture the complete automated watering solution: from water purification and treatment to water distribution piping and drinking valves. Each of our systems is custom designed based on water quality, facility size, room layout, cage manufacturer, and animal species. We meet the needs of all sizes and types of facilities through an expandable system designed to grow with your facility.
Whether you have mice, rats,dogs, guinea pigs, non-human primates, hogs, birds, cats, or rabbits, we have drinking valves to suit the species. Whether a recirculation or flushing each Edstrom Automated Watering System is individually engineered to deliver consistent, high quality, variable-free drinking water to all of your animals. Here’s how it works:
- The Edstrom solution starts with superior water treatment and purification.
- The treated water is then transported through 316 stainless steel piping to each animal room.
- Next, water flows into cage rack manifold piping and is accessed by animals through a drinking valve.
To get a drink, animals simply bite, lick, or nose the stem of the valve and water flows out at a controlled rate appropriate for the species. When the animal releases the stem, water flow immediately stops. Edstrom continuously leads the industry with drinking valve innovations that ensure animals and cages stay dry. The unique, patented design of the Edstrom shielded drinking valve is used to water millions of mice and rats in ventilated cages. Proven time and time again, these premier valves have an exceptional record of reliability and are easy for animals to use.
- Animals have access to clean, fresh water on demand – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Saves time and labor by reducing or eliminating your reliance on water bottles, allowing you to utilize staff in smarter ways.
- Reduces ergonomic risks by removing all the heavy lifting, bending, twisting and turning associated with the labor-intensive bottle process.
- Every Edstrom drinking valve is specifically designed, precisely manufactured, expertly calibrated, and individually tested to ensure animal safety.
- Our unique Reverse 'S' manifold design is a continuous section of pipe with no dead legs or places for bacteria to hide, allowing for thorough water exchange.
- Complete monitoring of the automated watering system verifies performance and keeps all parameters under control, safeguarding your research animals and studies.
- Reduces micro-environment intrusions.
- In Action. See the Edstrom Autmated Animal Watering System in action as a mouse drinks from a valve.
- A Look Inside Take a look at the internal operation of an Edstrom animal drinking valve.
- Edstrom Offers a Variety of Drinking Valves for Animals
Recirculation? Flushing? We do both. We can build either system (or even a hybrid of both) and have been doing so for over 40 years. We will work with you and your architectural/engineering firm to assist you with determining the best system that meets your facility’s needs.
Clean By Design. Just like a sanitary fitting where the piping abuts a rubber seal, the clean joint draws pipe ends together at an L-shaped rubber seal. Each provides a smooth internal profile which is free of internal dead spaces. When dead spaces are eliminated the system may be more effectively sanitized which makes it easier to control the growth of bacteria and biofilm.
Caring for your A-160 Drinking Valves.
The Edstrom Animal Drinking Valve Washing Tray provides a safe and convenient method of storing, cleaning and autoclaving your A-160 valves. The tray holds 88 valves through the cleaning and the autoclaving processes. Use of the tray eliminates potential damage to drinking valves due to improper handling. The design of the tray allows for spray cleaning of the valves from both the top and bottom of the tray in a tunnel washer or rack washer prior to autoclaving.
No reviews were found for Automated Animal Watering Software. Be the first to review!