Capabilities - Version A2C - Atmospheric Modeling Software
A2C represents a ground-breaking approach to atmospheric modeling that integrates mesoscale modeling and computational fluid dynamics modeling (CFD) into a single model. YSA has created a true multiscale solution that provides users with a variety of options for predicting and visualizing airflow activity.
Mesoscale models forecast the weather (temperature, pressure, winds, and moisture changes with the change of time) while taking geographic features (mountains, oceans, lakes, hills) into account, typically with a horizontal grid spacing is < 1km. Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) models, on the other hand, forecast airflows around buildings with a horizontal grid spacing is > 1 meter.
By merging mesoscale and CFD modeling capabilities, YSA provides more realistic scenarios than ever available before. In studying urban areas for urban heat island assessments, air quality issues, emergency response, environmental site assessments, and wind farm site planning, a number of factors need to be considered for a accurate result—weather, topography, and the effect of buildings on temperature and airflow. A2C uses a single model that incorporates the capabilities of both mesoscale and CFD modeling through our unique two-way nesting technology, which takes into account how weather may affect an urban area and what effects an urban area might have on the weather.
Because of our unique approach, you can analyze:
- Airflows over complex terrain
- Airflows around buildings with diurnal variations of weather conditions
- Recirculation flow, separation streamline, and reattachment points on a building
- Sea and land breezes
- Thermal effects of buildings
- Transport and diffusion of airborne particles and pollutants
A2C lends itself to a wide range of commercial, academic, and government applications and a diverse cross-section of users: scientists, engineers, builders, architects, operations and facilities managers, emergency response teams, and city planners.
Organizations that have benefited from A2C’s airflow analysis include environmental consulting companies, civil and structural engineers, architects, refineries, city planners, heavy industry, construction companies, utility companies, nuclear power stations, airlines, real estate developers (golf courses, recreational parks, etc.), and alternative energy providers. YSA’s solutions have achieved recognition by universities and scientific research organizations worldwide.
- Environmental assessment for site planning and urban planning
- Homeland security
- Forest fire and prescribed burns
- Emergency response and post-disaster evaluation
- Atmospheric research
- Air quality assessment
- Training & education
- Litigation for health-related issues
- Evaluation of energy solutions, from wind farms to nuclear power stations
YSA was invited to appear as a special guest on the national television series American Environmental Review, hosted by Mr. Morley Safer. This program showed how our software is being applied to current events. Please view our program. It’s a little over 5 minutes.
A2C is a single model, which allows the information between the mesoscale and CFD models to interact in a two-way flow, realistically mimicking actual atmospheric conditions. A2C also considers the thermal (cooling/heating) effects of buildings, something that neither mesoscale models nor CFD models are able to accomplish. For example, during daylight hours, one side of a building is usually cooler than the other side; this affects the airflow around the building. A2C can simulate a forecast of air flows and the transport and dispersion of air pollutants—an important feature when accuracy counts.
A2C predicts and presents the physics of airflow and air-borne particle diffusion, including:
- Airflow around buildings
- Single model seamlessly integrate from mesoscale to microscale
- Thermal effects on buildings on airflows
- Three-dimensional forecast
- Second-moment turbulence closure
- Complex terrain
- Tall tree canopy
- Land use (roughness, albedo, soil moisture, anthropogenic heat)
- Ensemble cloud model
- Shortwave and longwave radiation parameterization in fog and clouds
- Precipitation microphysics
- Non-hydrostatic pressure
- Non-neutrally buoyant plume
- Concentration fluctuation
Whether you are engaged in academic research or require weather and airflow data to properly design and implement your projects and programs, you’ll find A2C easy to use and highly accurate.
A2C’s advanced technology includes a rich set of features and capabilities unmatched by any airflow application available today. A2C is the only solution available today with a single model that incorporates 2-way interaction between mesoscale and CFD modeling information. Users get an accurate picture not only of how weather, geography and other factors affect an urban area, but also of how buildings might affect airflow and weather.
- A2C’s single-model approach saves users time since they only need to learn one model.
- A2C can simulate any location in the world, unlike other applications that work well only under a limited range of conditions or scenarios.
- A2C’s high-resolution 2-D and 3-D rendering helps you visualize and apply your data to real-life scenarios.
- A2C’s scalability—integrating mesoscale and computational fluid dynamics modeling—gives you a wide range of options for predictive modeling, from the details of thermal emissions of a single building in an urban landscape to the effects of pollutants over an entire continent with a varied and complex terrain.
- A2C is a robust solution, successfully handling the complex computations required for large-scale simulations with a wide range of boundary conditions (size of the area being studied, temperature, time of day, where airflow is going to a single point, etc.)
- A2C runs on multiple platforms, has an extremely user-friendly interface, and is easy to learn, lending itself to diverse environments and a broad population of users—from non-technical users to scientists.
If you’re a student, professor, or researcher, you can learn more about weather phenomena by using A2C immediately! We’re offering universities a generous discount on the most current version of our unique, advanced solution for atmospheric modeling.
Universities get up to 90% off our innovative solution. It’s a must for research work, graduate studies, student projects, and enhancing your curriculum and class materials. Purchase your university edition of A2C today!
With A2C, you can explore project topics like:
- sea breeze and land breeze
- buoyant and dense gas plumes
- mesoscale to urban scale modeling
- urban heat island
- air pollution research
- environmental studies
Our Academic Package is a complete Windows version of A2C and includes:
- mesoscale model
- microscale model
- transport and diffusion model
- pre- and post-processor
- graphics and animation tools
- user-friendly menu system
- comprehensive user manual
- on-screen help menu
- customer support