CSM - Version 4command™ - Flagship Command Center Software
4command is CSM's flagship Command Center software. It is based on innovative, field-proven Knowledge Management technology – pioneered and refined by CSM over the past decade. 4command delivers process-specific electronic checklists and displays, tracks status, provides full situational awareness, enables electronic tasking and sharing, and integrates readily with other critical business systems.
The CSM Knowledge Management program has a proven track record, with successful implementations for major electric power, gas, water and wastewater utilities. It has also been deployed successfully in the manufacturing, defense, chemical and refining industries. We invite you to explore our approach to Knowledge Management and automated Command Center applications, and look forward to discussing your requirements in depth.
4command facilitiates decisive and efficient event management for a wide range of critical situations, such as:
- Customer service or business process interruptions
- Severe weather
- Environmental issues
- Security threats
- Injuries and illnesses
- Business continuity threats
- VIrtually any situation where specific procedures and business rules apply.
4command pays for itself in the consistency, efficiency and precision that it brings to your organization. It:
- Tracks progress at a granular level throughout a critical situation
- Delivers clear guidance, situation status and critical resources to assist in decision support
- Generates comprehensive post-event logs/history, so that your response is fully and permanently documented
- Promotes consistent and reliable implementation of core processes, across multiple roles and wide geographic areas
- Eliminates handwritten documentation and manual posting of action information
- Facilitates rapid access to all electronic resources that support the response process. Nothing 'falls through the cracks' because you lack the time to find the information needed to handle it.
- 4command primarily manages knowledge, not data. 4command works with your various data systems, not in place of them.
- 4command is an active system that pushes information to users who need it. In contrast to passive information systems such as databases, document systems and resource managers, 4command can direct a response process based on current conditions.
- 4command uses your rules. Every installation is custom-configured to accommodate unique company-specific processes, which allows it to deliver proprietary action tasking and other information to specific personnel in real time and in sequence.
- 4command can be integrated with other automated systems to tie activity to critical data, or to export event parameters to external processes, such as automated notification systems.
- 4command maintains detailed history and logs. Workgroups that depend on 4command automatically know who did what, and exactly when it happened.
A 4command implementation occurs in phases. The basic but substantial benefits of the whiteboard and task-tracking features can be available to you in as a little as a couple hours, in a hosted environment. If you choose to invest in the more significant knowledge management features in the system, we will work with you to complete the following:
- CSM experts with decades of experience in emergency response and process implementation will meet with you to understand your response processes in depth, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Based on this information, we will develop a comprehensive knowledge base template to document your processes in detail.
- After your approval, we use the template to configure electronic knowledge bases in 4command. Or, if you prefer, we can train your personnel to do this
- Because we store our knowledge bases in open spreadsheet formats, you can choose to maintain them yourself, or we will be happy to host and maintain them for you.