Datective - Self-Learning Water Network Anomaly Detection Optimisation Software
A unique, intelligent and self-learning event detection system for clean and wastewater networks.
Datective is self-learning anomaly detection software that helps to identify and predict network events to enable you to prevent rather than respond to major events.
- Reduce costs
- Exceed regulatory targets
- Improve customer service
- Manage resources effectively
- Increase security of supply
- Avoid negative PR
What makes Datective different?
Datective is an innovative smart alarm system that, unlike other similar systems, learns the acceptable level of tolerance for any given signal. Rather than working to pre-set thresholds, the system teaches itself from pre-installed data what is and is not usual and acceptable within a network’s telemetry data. Datective then sets and continuously adapts its own thresholds and reports anomalies against these learnt behaviours.
This means that Datective can produce more accurate alarms, enabling maintenance teams to react proactively in a precisely targeted manner and more quickly – reducing costs, avoiding penalties and improving levels of customer satisfaction as an outcome.
Datective's self-learning capabilities provides autonomous network management support for your operations, control centre and other key areas of your business. Datective uses readily available real-time data and smart algorithms operating in an Artificial Neural Network to automatically identify when a large burst or other significant event is happening, or is about to occur, in your network.
How it works
Datective continually monitors the water supply network until it detects abnormal behaviour. It then alerts the appropriate operational control and maintenance teams that a burst or other event is occurring. The configurable user interface provides guidance on the size of the event and maps of the affected area.
The system is initially trained using existing data. As supply network behaviour changes over time, the system is designed to keep itself up to date using the latest telemetry data to learn about these changes automatically. The software can be hosted within company servers, use existing flow and pressure data, and be integrated with existing telemetry systems, including Servelec Technologies’ Scope5 system.
Designed to support business challenges and in keeping with best practice in network management,
- features a simple and easy-to-use interface
- provides seamless integration with telemetry which collates data and raises control room alarms
- generates improved decision support through a greater understanding of alarms and knowledge of the network
- avoids catastrophic failures through early intervention
- prioritises jobs and optimises available resources to ensure the correct person is deployed with the right skills at the appropriate time
- supports proactive customer service, improving the customer experience and regulatory compliance
- is expandable and scalable whatever the volume of data or network size.