WinAQMS is a data collection and control software and hardware for ambient air and emission monitoring applications. The Windows® based system which provides full control over an entire monitoring station, enabling readings to be recorded, automatic calibrations to be performed and system errors to be monitored. WinAQMS interfaces to analysers via a RS232 multi-drop serial link, through a USB link or via TCP/IP network link. This allows it to collect data directly from the instruments in digital format thus eliminating digital to analog and analog to digital conversion errors.
- It should provide a means for remotely checking the system and each individual analyzer
(enabling faults to be quickly diagnosed and often remedied without visiting the system)
- It should enable analyzers and calibration system to be configured remotely
(avoiding costly onsite visits to the station)
- It should reliably log data directly from the instruments in digital form
(eliminating noise present in analog signals)
- It should automatically warn the user of measurement exceedances or events such as calibration failures
- It should be easy to use
The WinAQMS data acquisition system is designed to provide users with all these benefits, and much more.
Ecotech's WinAQMS Data Acquisition System is the culmination of 30 years of successful field experience in data acquisition.
It is a fifth generation data gathering and control system that has been specifically designed as a world standard method for use in ambient air and emission monitoring applications.
WinAQMS has been installed in monitoring networks throughout the world and has proven its value in multiple applications. WinAQMS is a Windows based system which provides full control over the entire system (remote and onsite) enabling automatic calibrations to be performed and system errors to be monitored.
WinAQMS interfaces to analyzers via a RS232 multi-drop serial link, through a USB link or via TCP/IP network link. This allows it to collect data directly from the instruments in digital format thus eliminating digital to analog and analog to digital conversion errors. The bi-directional interface also allows a remote central computer, running Ecotech’s WinCollect software, to access full control and diagnostics of the analyzers used and data to be collected remotely.
The Data Acquisition system has sufficient data storage to hold well over thirty years worth of historical data.
WinAQMS Data Acquisition system includes the following features:
- Supports remote communication from anywhere in the world enabling full control over the pollution monitoring system and direct interfacing with supported analyzers
- Full control over calibration cycle periods
- Remote communication through dial-up, ethernet, satellite telephone networks, 3G network as well as short haul modems
- Solid state hard disk drive eliminates risk of mechanical failure due to shock, high temperatures, vibration and harsh environments.
- Data retrieval via DVD-RW in the event communication networks are unavailable
- 'Industry Standard' RS232 and USB Communication enables digital communication with a wide range of supported monitoring equipment
- Captures minimum, maximum, average values and standard deviations
- Creates calculated channels that allows the user to apply calculations to data (logged automatically)
- Fifth Generation Data Acquisition & Control System based on 30 years of field experience
- Data storage space for over thirty years of 5 minute historical data
- Lightning & surge protection facilities
- Windows XP PRO Compatible
- CPU: x86 compatible processor – 2.6 Ghz+
- RAM: 2 Gbytes
- Hard Drive Config.: Solid State 64 Gbytes
- DVD-RW: Used for installation of software and
- backing up of data/configuration files
- Display Driver: Supporting up to 2560 x 1600 (allows dual screen)
- Modem: 56k Baud or greater
- Operating System: Windows XP PRO
- Data Storage Format: Data Stored in Ascii format
- Data Averaging Periods: Up to 4 independent data sets
- Selectable between 1 minute and 7 days
- Calibration control: Automatic Span and Zero control.
- Calibration data is stored separately
- Communication ports: 5 RS232 serial ports standard,
- and network card. (upgradeable to 34 RS232 ports)
- 6 x USB2.1 Ports
- Operational Environment: 0 – 40°C
- Power: 500 Watt power supply.
- Size: 434x480x177 mm (WxDxH) rack mountable case.
The WinAQMS Data Acquisition System interfaces to a wide range of analyzers which includes those manufactured by
- Met One
- Teledyne API
- Environment SA
- Rupprecht & Pataschnick
- Thermo Scientific
The use of RS232 and USB links allows WinAQMS to collect data directly from these instruments in digital format thus eliminating digital to analog conversion errors. An optional 16 bit termination panel (9400AD16) provides a high level of accuracy when interfacing with non-digital sensors and provides a means of controlling non digital devices.
WinAQMS Data Acquisition System provides supervisory and interactive control of the monitoring station's analyzers and gas calibration system from anywhere in the world using a computer running Ecotech's software. This enables calibrations to be performed, system setup and diagnostic parameters to be viewed and changed and data to be retrieved at user selectable intervals.
A variety of communication methods can be used including modem, radio, ethernet and satellite networks. Data can be retrieve remotely or copied to the logger's integral DVD-RW drive.
Data is stored in an ASCII format with a new data file created each day, data can be stored in 4 seperate data report types with individually configured averaging periods, span, zero and precision reports are also stored.
WinAQMS incorporates a comprehensive security functon preventing unwanted entry and enabling various levels of access to be configured for different types of users.
The remote control ability of WinAQMS works on the Client-Server model and as such will look and feel exactly the same when used from a remote location as it does when used on site. This is not simply a screen dump of what is being displayed on the data logger screen but is a separate process that is independent of what is being displayed on the logger.
WinAQMS Data Acquisition System provides a log book function enabling the user while at the station to enter details on maintenance, parts used, or any other information that is of value, this information can then be viewed both at the station and remotely.
Multiple clients are able to connect to the server from different locations simultaneously allowing multiple remote computers to view the data being logged in real time. In networks running multiple WinAQMS loggers, any other logger in the network can be viewed while at the monitoring station. Remote control runs over a GSM or 3G link, modem or ethernet LAN.
Alarms based on high or low concentrations or errors with calibration can be automatically emailed, SMS'd or displayed on the computer running at the central office.
WinAQMS Data Acquisition System is designed to interface directly via RS232 to Ecotech's GasCal Gas Dilution Calibrator enabling automatic calibration sequences to be configured and performed, the ability to communicate remotely with WinAQMS enables a user to configure calibration gas concentrations and sequences remotely, without leaving their office, thus saving time on site. In sysems where Ecotech's Gas Calibration System isn't used WinAQMS interfaces directly to its 9400AD16 termination panel in order to activate digital outputs that can control other brands of gas dilution calibrators.
WinAQMS can be configured to perform these automatic calibration cycles at any specific time of the day or night and it is possible to vary the calibration interval in one hour and fraction of one hour increments. For instance daily calibrations can be performed after 24 hours or after 23.5 or 24.5 hours in order to provide a half hour calibration offset for each day of the week.
Calibration sequences can be setup locally or remotely and all calibration data is flagged in order to separate it from measurement data.