FLUIDYN - Version MP NS - Fluid Mechanics Simulation Software
From Fluid Dynamics/CFD
fluidyn-MP offers a complete CFD package for wide range fluid flow analysis and simulations: fluidyn-MP-NS. It states for Navier-Stokes. The full fluidyn-MP-NS package comprises of: A 3D CAD and mesh generator fully associated with the fluidynMP environment: fluidyn-CAE. (Aided Engineering). A user- friendly interface (MP-GUI) through which all fluid flow analysis can be set-up, and full post-treatment of results performed.
- A batch solver and monitoring tools which encloses an ensemble of different fluid solvers for solutions optimisation, allowing the user to manage. in some expert ways, transient/steady.
- incompressible/compressible, single phase/multiphase flows on 3D unstructured meshes with heat transfer.
- radiation, turbulence, chemical reactions, multi-phases with free surfaces, droplets, etc.
- Robust CFD tool features for advanced users.
- User-coding for personalized applications and adding physics
- Specific modules
- A CAE-post platform for plotting results on CAD geometry
fluidyn-MP-NS CFD platform uses Finite Volume (FV) schemes based on unstructured/multi-block meshes, for all flow simulations. It contains mainly 3 distinct CFD solvers which are used for flows at all speeds.
It disposes of a powerful structure to parameterize solvers, discretization schemes, etc allowing the user to manage solutions in expert ways, for an appropriate an accurate solution can be sought for:
- Single-phase flows
- Laminar/Turbulent flows (0. 1 rst. 2nd order turbulence modelling).
- Incompressible/Compressible flows
- Steady/Transient simulations
- Mixture flows (multi-species)
- Reactive flows
- Surface adsorption
- Solid coupled explosions