FLUIDYN - Version PANACHE - Atmospheric Pollution & Industrial Risk Analysis Software
From Fluid Dynamics/CFD
f/u/dyn-PANACHE is a family of multiple software modules for modelling atmospheric flows. It had been developed in collaboration with ADEME (French Ministry and Environmental Agency) and is in use since last 15 years by more than 100 users across the world. It is a self-contained, fully 3-D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software package designed to simulate atmospheric flow and pollutant dispersion in complex environments i.e with topography, buildings, land covers and usages.
All modules use the same interface, called fluidyn -PANACHE, designed, by default numerical values, for modelling related atmospheric physics- air flow, pollution transportation. All modelling information such as boundary layer or turbulence models, meshing, solvers etc are inbuilt and automatic and used according to the problem described by the user. Such parameters and solvers are chosen from our well tested and widely used general purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software Fluid flow analysis (fluidyn-MP NS).
All the models of fluidyn -PANACHE family, have been designed for environmental or industrial safety and impact engineers, having limited knowledge in CFD or numerical simulation. Hence it is designed for quick learning even if topography is very complex, with user-friendly graphical interface for data integration and results output.
- Quick & interactive modelling of complex terrain with buildings, vegetation cover, water bodies and industrial units etc.
- Varying weather conditions, including high pollution episode conditions as no wind, high T
- Multiple nested domains allowing simultaneous solutions from scales of a few centimeters of a leak to a hundred kilometers
- Automatic meshing with structured or unstructured mesh for terrain Sobstacles
- Heat convection effect from solar radiation fluxes, water bodies, industrial units
- Transient accidental emissions from pipes, storage tanks, pools, etc..
- Integrated thermodynamic database of over 200 products for toxicity, flammability, with provision to create case specific chemical database and mixture properties
- Particles/ droplets transport with evaporation, condensation, chemical reaction
- Atmospheric boundary / surface layers and several turbulence models
- Separate solvers for flow, dispersion and explosion
- Integrated and easy to understand post-processing of results.