Managing ongoing chemical compliance can be very complex for enterprises, and requires effective regulatory document management. Regulations worldwide are continuously changing and being updated. Lisam Systems offers a global EH&S solution to ensure that your safety data sheets and labels always comply with the local, regional, and global chemical regulations such as GHS, CLP and REACH.
All companies must now be compliant with GHS in the United States. OSHA adopted the GHS framework in North America in March 2012 with an objective for hazard communication to develop a harmonized hazard communication system including labeling and Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) based on GHS classification criteria. Under the GHS framework, important changes were made to SDSs and labels. Today, these changes to SDSs and labels must be implemented and managed efficiently. In Canada the GHS/WHMIS 2015 implementation schedule has also been started with completion in 2018.
Lisam’s enterprise-wide solution, ExESS®, creates, manages and distributes GHS-compliant safety data sheets (SDS) and labels for all major commercial markets. It leverages fully integrated regulatory phrase and transportation content libraries, in almost 50 languages. Built on flexible and scalable Microsoft .NET technology, ExESS delivers a global, user-friendly, customizable SDS authoring and distribution platform with multilingual user interfaces, and offers multilingual document generation.
- GHS Classifications Based on Physical State, Toxicological and Ecotox Data,or Official Lists
- ·Ability to Classify Both Substances and Mixtures according to the various GHS versions
- UN: Globally Harmonized System, 6th edition— SDS UN
- Europe: Classification, Labeling and Packaging (CLP), substances and mixtures — SDS EU (Reach Annex II) according to 435/200
- Japan: GHS Japan — SDS Japan according to JIS Z 7250/2005
- Brazil: GHS Brazil — SDS Brazil according to ABNT NBR 14725-4
- United States: GHS US — HazCom 2012 according to Federal Register 17574 (29 CFR Parts 1910, 1915 and 1926)
- China: GHS China —SDS China according to GB/T16483-2008
- Korea: Data integration from LOLI Database
- Taiwan: Data integration from LOLI Database
- Updates for Existing SDSs and Labels
- Open Data Exchange & Linkages to third-party databases
Lisam's GHS content includes lists as well as the chemical, physical, toxicological and ecotox data needed for GHS classifications. In addition, there are many content libraries available for use with ExESS. Some examples of ExESS content libraries that contain GHS classification content include; ChemADVISOR LOLI Database, Annex VI for Europe, the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) list for the United States, the National Institute of Technology and Evaluation (NITE) list for Japan and many others.