HydroCAD - Version 8.5 - Graphical Comparison Software
New Node Comparison Report provides a graphical comparison of two or more nodes. Just select the nodes and click the 'Compare' button on the toolbar. You can even compare nodes in different HydroCAD files, allowing easy comparisons of existing and proposed conditions.
- Pervious/Impervious reporting can now be selected on the Advanced tab of the Calculation|Settings screen. Pond surfaces can be categorized as pervious or impervious, depending on reporting requirements. The inflow area for each node (at the top of the node summary) now displays the impervious percentage of the inflow area (when impervious reporting is selected). Pervious/impervious area is automatically communicated by links, and can be apportioned between primary and secondary outflows.
- Multi-Event Reporting: Each node report window now has an 'Events' tab for multi-event reporting. Just click the 'Update' button to compile the complete report, ready to view, print, or export to a spreadsheet.
- Other Report Enhancements include the ability to bring any existing report window to the foreground by a single-click of the node. Manual CN entries are marked with an asterisk in the summary report. Curve sequence and label positions can be adjusted from the context menu. Outflow volume vs. time can be displayed on tabular hydrographs. Rainfall, UH, IDF, and chamber definitions can be opened directly from Windows, and a new context menu adds export and file management capabilities. A revision date can be specified on the Project|Notes screen for inclusion in all page headings.
- New Project Report Window allows on-screen viewing of the traditional node listing and area listing, as well as the new Soil Group report. To open the window, click the new 'Project Report' button on the toolbar.
- Enhanced Message Window: Right-click any message for time-saving short-cuts, including the ability to edit a node or view the associated report, without having to return to the routing diagram. A single-click continues to provide detailed help on any message. Reach tailwater messages have been simplified, making it easier to identify conditions that may require special attention.
- A Frequency Factor can now be set for Rational Method, allowing automatic adjustment of C-values for larger storms. The factor can be entered manually on the Rainfall tab, or specified for each event within the IDF file.
- Wall Thickness can now be specified for most embedded storage volumes, allowing automatic adjustment for thick-walled chambers, including pre-cast concrete chambers.
- Concrete galleys and leaching chambers have been added to the library of prefabricated storage chambers
- Expanded hydrograph import: A file link can now import tabular CSV hydrograph data, including hydrographs with an uneven time step. Additional text file formats are supported for importing hydrograph data from other hydrology programs.
- TR-20 Data Files can be automatically imported to an equivalent HydroCAD file with the new Project|Import|TR-20 command. Most TR-20 commands are fully implemented, including custom rainfall tables and Unit Hydrograph definitions.
- Other enhancements include additional rainfall files, plus the ability to set the peak time for a Chicago-style rainfall. Setup program updated for Windows Vista. As always, this update can open any previous HydroCAD project file.