InSite-Design - Version 3.16 - Seismic and Microseismic Monitoring Array Design and Optimisation Software
InSite-Design is a specific module of our InSite software developed to allow the user to inspect, analyse and model seismic array designs in an intuitive way while providing access to a range of advanced tools for manipulating the data.
- All features are accessed from a single WINDOWS program making the software user-friendly and easy to install.
- The data management system allows the user to easily input, navigate and manipulate the data set.
- InSite-Design is 'scale independent' allowing the same processing functions to be applied to data recorded over millimetres as data recorded over kilometres.
- InSite has a very simple file structure that wraps all parameters. This removes the need for any text configuration or data-storage files. InSite then allows the user to export the required data into accessible ASCII formats.
- InSite consists of a number of tools each designed to carry out a set of related processing and/or visualisation functions.
Technical support is provided by geophysicists with experience in commercial projects in the oil & gas sector. We offer open software training courses and can provide bespoke training solutions for companies online or in person.
- Import well geometry and well objects (formation tops, packers, plugs, sleeves). Use wells for borehole sensor placement.
- Downhole, star, patch, grid and elliptical grid array configurations. Select uniaxial or triaxial sensors. Can import user's array geometry.
- Ray-tracing algorithms with complex velocity structures to locate microseismic events within a 3D volume (including anisotropy).
- Magnitude sensitivity using P and S waves. Use of an average or specified double-couple radiation pattern.
- Location uncertainty using Monte-Carlo simulations at specific points. Model pick times and/or velocity model uncertainties.
- Advanced 3D visualisation of event locations, allowing rotating, panning, magnifying and flying through the scene plus creation of hotplanes and 3D objects.
- Oil, gas, induced seismicity, geothermal, gas storage and other applications.
- Optimize borehole and surface monitoring array design.
- Quality control of arrays already in place.