LuciadFusion - Manage, Fuse and Serve Geospatial Data Software
From Luciad Products
LuciadFusion is a server application equipped with integration components. LuciadFusion is designed to manage, fuse and serve Geospatial data. LuciadFusion consists of a Data Connectivity Manager, a Data Server and a Storage capability.
LuciadFusion accesses Geospatial data from any database, service or file through an easy-to-use Data Management application. This data can be managed into different information products or ‘Themes’ – a combination of different datasets as required by each specific user group. Using the appropriate Themes, the required data is then ready to be easily served to one or more functional applications.
Through efficient and advanced caching and storing mechanisms, LuciadFusion ensures fast retrieval and guarantees that the data is readily available at all times.
The LuciadFusion Data Server serves the data and relevant meta-data directly into LuciadLightspeed based applications by means of a high performance Tile Service protocol. Alternatively, non-Luciad based applications can access the same information through standard OGC protocols.
Customers select LuciadFusion for the benefits of Intelligent Data Management, High-Volume Data Processing & Storage and its ability to serve data to multiple Situational Awareness applications from a central source.
Tried and tested by developers in the most demanding industries, Luciad's software components are known for their ease of use, completeness, high performance, accuracy and flexibility. Our customers enjoy a significantly faster development process, lowest total cost of ownership, a predictable and consistently high performance as well as retained data accuracy.
High Performance Access to Data
- Easy access to multiple data sources
- Fast handling and fusion of Geospatial data with sub-second data retrieval in networked environments
- Native support for vector and raster data
Clean Design Implementation & Exceptionally Fast Development
- Feed data to multiple applications
- Control information overload and limit network usage through querying, filtering and data compression
- Scalable to large datasets with terabytes of data
- Intelligent data optimization that includes high precision fusion, tiling and multi-leveling
- Use of optimized data delivery and Open Standards
Ease of Use & Central Data Management
- Central application to control and manage available data
- Easy and intuitive data management by non-GIS specialists
- Quickly add new data
- Customize to satisfy new requirements
- Integration in any environment
Independent Benchmark Studies Document that Luciadfusion Allows:
- Replacing various legacy solutions by one integrated product for the cartographic workflow and geospatial data management
- Easy and intuitive data management by non-GIS specialists;
- Faster data processing than with any other commercial solution;
- Increased user experience through highly performant web services
LuciadFusion accesses geospatial data from any database, service, or file, through an easy-to-use Data Management application. This data can be managed into different information products or ‘Themes’, combining different datasets as required by each specific user group. The required data can then easily be served to one or more functional applications.
The LuciadFusion Data Server serves the data and relevant meta-data directly into Luciad-based applications by means of a high performance Tile Service. Alternatively, non-Luciad applications can access the same information through standard OGC protocols.
Customers select LuciadFusion for the benefits of Intelligent Data Management, High-volume Data Processing & Storage, and serving data to multiple Situational Awareness applications from a central source. The focus of LuciadFusion is on the usage domains where easy access to geospatial data is vital:
- Aviation: Air traffic control (ATC), air traffic management (ATM), aeronautical information services (AIS) and management (AIM)
- Defense: C4ISR applications, mission planning systems, common operational picture (COP)
- Maritime: On-shore traffic monitoring, networked consoles on large vessels, harbor security
- Public Safety & Homeland Security: Border protection systems, dispatch centers for emergency response
- Utilities & Logistics: Urban planning, infrastructure asset management
The three main components of LuciadFusion are:
Data Connectivity Manager
This is a ready-to-use application that lets data specialists take in data from any source and organize it into themes that will be provided to the end-users. It has an API and customizable user interface.
The Fusion engine optimizes raster and vector data by bringing different data sources together in themes (as defined through the data connectivity manager). This involves operations such as tiling, multi-leveling, re-projecting, vector feature simplification and feature filtering. It can also involve custom manipulations.
The data server makes vector and raster data available on the network. This can be done either through the LuciadFusion tile service protocol, optimizing performance, or through the standard OGC protocols, optimizing interoperability. It supports advanced querying and filtering.
LuciadFusion supports the following data formats:
ADRG, ArcSDE, ASRP, BCI, BIL, BMP, CADRG, CIB, DTED, ECW, ESRI TFW & JGW, ETOPO, GeoPDF, GeoTIFF, GIF, GRIB, JPEG, JPEG2000, MapInfo TAB, MrSID, NITF, NSIF, Oracle Spatial, PNG, PPM, Spot DIMAP, Swiss DHM, USGS DEM, USRP.
Any other format can be supported through custom development
ArcSDE, ESRI Shape, MapInfo MIF & MAP, GML, VPF, S-57, S-63,
Any other vector format can be supported through custom development or rasterization.
Oracle Spatial, ESRI ArcSDE
- OGC - WMS, WMTS, WFS , WCS, Filter, Symbology Encoding
- ISO 19115 metadata
- XML server configuration
*Non-exhaustive list of Formats & Standards