LuciadLightspeed - Geospatial Software Components to fuse, visualize and analyze Gospatial Data
From Luciad Products
LuciadLightspeed is widely recognized as the leading set of high-performance geospatial software components. Major international companies and organizations, Systems Integrators and Original Equipment Manufacturers use LuciadLightspeed to rapidly develop geospatial situational awareness applications for mission-critical operations.
LuciadLightspeed consists of over 100 different software components and connectors to fuse, visualize and analyze geospatial data. This can include static and moving data, maps, satellite imagery, crowd-sourced data, full motion video, weather data and terrain elevation in many different geodetic references and map projections. Geo-fencing, line-of-sight calculations, geo-triggered events, dynamic and complex route calculations and automated anomaly detection are just a mouse click away. Independent benchmark tests by academia and industry leave no doubt: LuciadLightspeed is over 100 times faster and more accurate than traditional GIS software.
Thanks to its modular, open architecture and meticulous adherence to industry standards, LuciadLightspeed is the preferred technology for enterprise-wide geospatial situational awareness, either as a front-end or back-end solution. LuciadLightspeed guarantees clean design implementation and exceptionally fast application development.
Tried and tested by developers in the most demanding industries, Luciad’s software components are known for their ease of use, completeness, high performance, accuracy and flexibility. Our customers enjoy a significantly faster development process, lowest total cost of ownership, a predictable and consistently high performance as well as retained data accuracy.
Accurate, High Performance Results
- Visualization of large volumes of tracks of any type of asset (troops, ships, trucks, planes, down to individuals or RFID-tagged pallets or goods)
- Instant connection, visualization and analysis of geospatial information
- On-the-fly combination of any data with accurate geospatial transformations
- Optimized use of GPU :
- Real-time video draping
- Immediate line-of-sight analysis
- Dynamic calculations of densities
- 2D & 3D visualization in one single application and in one single view
- No pre-processing, no intermediate geo-database required, and with all data remaining in its original location and format
Clean Design Implementation & Exceptionally Fast Development
- Meticulous approach to design and use of Model-View-Controller
- Components customizable to a fine granular level
- Possibility to add new capabilities seamlessly
- Broadest set of components available for rapid development :
- Databases (Hana, Oracle, DB2, ArcSDE, PostGIS, Microsoft SQL, …)
- Data formats (KML, S57/S63, USRP, VPF, NITF, DAFIF, AIXM 5, ASDI, Asterix, GRIB, ARINC424, …)
- Geospatial analysis (topology calculations, terrain analysis, route calculations, etc)
- OGC Web-service
Luciad is the de facto standard for many of the most demanding industries
- Used in the aviation, defense, security, maritime, and petrochemical industries
- Support for decoding and encoding domain specific data formats
- Field-proven military symbology support (APP6B, MS2525C)
- Field-proven usage for ATC, ATM, SWIM, and more.
- Flexible styling including ICAO symbology
- Strong participation in open standards, OGC certified
- Collaboration with leading organizations (NATO, FAA, Eurocontrol)
Flexible and Robust
- Deployable on any device
- Deployable from large server farms to low-memory applications running from a simple USB-stick
- Used for mission-critical real-time systems in sensitive domains
- Best-in-class performance and retained data accuracy
- Platform independence
- Source code and binary code backward compatibility
- Lowest total cost of ownership
- Ease of use
LuciadLightspeed consists of over 100 software components and connectors to fuse, visualize and analyze geospatial data in 2-D and 3-D. The supported data types include static and moving data, maps, multi-spectral (satellite) imagery, point clouds, crowd-sourced data, full motion video, weather data and terrain elevation in many different Cartesian and geodetic references and map projections. Luciad focuses on the domains with the most advanced situational awareness requirements:
- Aviation: Air traffic control (ATC), air traffic management (ATM), aeronautical information services (AIS) and management (AIM)
- Defense: C4ISR applications, mission planning systems, common operational picture (COP), tactical to strategic level
- Maritime: Vessel tracking, traffic management, harbor operations, anti-smuggling and piracy operations, on-board systems
- Public Safety & Homeland Security: Dispatch centers, unit tracking, coordination
- Utilities & Logistics: Vehicle traffic control, urban planning, infrastructure asset management
Below is a high-level, non-exhaustive overview of the components available in LuciadLightspeed. You can use the functionality of the components either out-of-the-box or extend them to meet your advanced requirements.
Model any data, represent all object geometries and their metadata, and filter data. Support for not only points, polylines and polygons, but also for arcs, circles, ellipses, sectors, buffers and many more.
Visualize data in an accelerated 2-D/3-D view or non-accelerated 2-D view. Advanced, fully interactive graphical processing and visualization of High Dynamic Range (HDR) and multi-spectral imagery. If elevation data is present, all data can be draped automatically over the terrain. Apply flexible styling (icons, line styles and strokes, fill styles, transparency...), advanced labeling and decluttering to vector data. High-performance terrain rendering is integrated in the view.
Many controllers for map interaction are ready to use: standard map controls (zoom, pan, select), editing/creating geometries, rotating, distance measurements, multi-touch, detecting change by swiping and flickering images and more. You can easily create other controllers for custom interaction.
Access and represent data in any coordinate reference system (geodetic, geocentric, topocentric, grid) and in any projection. Perform advanced geodetic calculations and transformations.
Access data in many vector and raster formats (see ‘Formats and standards’). Apply and exploit multi-leveling and tiling.
High performance support for the display of a longitude/latitude grid, as well as MGRS and GeoRef grids.
Easy integration into C, C#, and C++ applications fully leveraging the performance of the GPU
Print view snapshots in high quality. Visualize data in a vertical/altitude view or a comparison view. Perform density calculations, orthorectification and other operations. Slice and filter data dimensions for analysis. Increased performance with the support for concurrent data access and asynchronous painting.
Aeronautical Information System (AIS)
Adds support for modeling and visualizing aeronautical data such as airspaces, navaids, procedures, and grid MORAs (minimum off route altitude). The visualization support includes options for custom styling.
Database Connector Components
These are multiple components that add support for connecting to a specific spatial database. See ‘Formats and standards’ for a list of supported databases.
Data Format Components
These are multiple components that add support for reading data in a specific data format, and writing data to common open standard formats. See ‘Formats and standards’ for a list of supported data formats.
Enables you to calculate binary topological relations (e.g. overlaps, contains) and perform constructive geometry on shapes (e.g. union, intersection).
Luciadfusion Data Connector
Enables you to connect to a LuciadFusion data server using the Luciad tile streaming protocol to retrieve and manage data and metadata.
Military Symbology & Nato Vector Graphics (NVG)
Full support for symbols and tactical graphics of the latest military symbology standards, in 2-D and 3-D. NATO Vector Graphics support ensures interoperability. This support encompasses the lookup, creation, visualization, editing, encoding and decoding of military symbols and tactical graphics. See ‘Formats and standards’ for a list of supported standards.
Networking & Route Planning
Offers support for all kinds of network-related processing, such as shortest path or cross country movement calculation. Also supports the creation of flexible cost functions.
OGC Web Services
There is a web client and a web server suite. Use the web client suite to connect to an OGC web service and retrieve data. Use the web server suite and leverage LuciadLightspeed to create OGC web services that re-project & serve data in any georeference. See ‘Formats and standards’ for a list of supported standards.
Offers optimizations for handling and visualizing dynamic data. Enables you to play back in fast-time or real-time simulations. Also includes playback controls and continuous label decluttering. Fast and flexible visualization of Asterix data, including radar video (Asterix Cat 240) and weather (Asterix Cat 8).
Terrain Elevation Analysis (TEA)
This component adds the ability to perform calculations, such as line-of-sight (LOS) or hypsometric calculations, on terrain data, and provides alternative views on the terrain data. It can use hardware acceleration (OpenGL and OpenCL) to reach unparalleled performance for both calculations and visualization.
Maritime Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS)
Allows for the rapid visualization of electronic navigational charts in 2-D and 3-D. Complies with standards defined by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO). Decodes data in the IHO S-57 and encrypted S-63 formats, and visualizes the charts in compliance with the IHO S-52 visualization standard.
LuciadLightspeed’s visualization and analysis capabilities are data-agnostic and complementary with any data format. Adding support for new, custom formats is a straightforward, well-documented process, but of course most common data formats are already supported. Native support for specialized formats is optionally available per format, as listed below in ‘Available Options.’ For the following common data formats out-of-the-box native support is included:
BIL, BMP, CADRG, CIB, DTED, ESRI TFW and JGW, ETOPO, GeoTIFF and BigTIFF, GIF, JPEG, JPEG2000, MapInfo TAB, PNG, PPM, USGS DEM
CGM, Collada, ESRI Shape, GeoJSON, MapInfo MIF & MAP, OGC GML, OpenFlight (3-D), SVG, Wavefront OBJ (3-D)
- OGC Filter (Spatial filter capabilities can be enabled with the geometry component listed under Available Options)
- OGC Symbology Encoding (SE)
- ISO 19115 metadata
ESRI ArcSDE, IBM DB2, Informix Geodetic and Spatial Datablade, OGC GeoPackage, Oracle Locator and Oracle Spatial, PostGIS (PostgreSQL spatial database extention), SAP HANA (Beta), Microsoft SQLServer, SQLite
Additional Raster Formats
ADRG, ASRP, BCI, Bing Maps, ECW, ECRG, GeoPDF, GeoSPOT, GRIB, JPEG2000 (encoding), MrSID, NetCDF, NITF, NSIF, Spot DIMAP, Swiss DHM, USRP
Additional Vector Data Formats
AIXM, AIXM5, ARINC424, ASDI, Asterix, Autocad DWG/DXF, DAFIF(T), KML, LiDAR LASer, Microstation DGN, , S-57 & S-63, VPF
OGC Formats & Web Services
GeoPackage, WMS, WMTS, WFS(-T), WCS
APP-6A, APP-6B, APP-6C, ICAO, MS2525b, MS2525c, NVG, S-52, TTA-106, UKHO AML
*Non-exhaustive list of Formats & Standards