LuciadMobile - Mobile Geospatial Situational Awareness Software
From Luciad Products
LuciadMobile enables the rapid development of Geospatial Situational Awareness applications on mobile devices running Android and is specifically designed for in-the-field situational awareness.
LuciadMobile offers powerful capabilities to access, update and send information and intelligence back to associated command and control or management systems. LuciadMobile ensures a smooth transition between online and offline operations and maintains full access to all LuciadMobile capabilities as well as the geospatial data in disconnected mode.
LuciadMobile is designed for optimal usage in the field. It includes deep integration with Android OS, providing access to the multiple functions of the device, such as the camera, compass and GPS. Its small software footprint runs efficiently on mobile hardware resources and provides controllable battery usage.
- Transparent processes for data preparation and data exchange to fit LuciadMobile into any enterprise workflow
- Support for domain-relevant symbologies, such as the latest versions of MS2525 and APP6 for Defense and Security
- Mobile terrain analysis using the data available on the mobile device - both in online and offline environments
- An intuitive graphical user interface, enabling fast and effective decision-making.
Tried and tested by developers in the most demanding industries, Luciad's software components are known for their ease of use, completeness, high performance, accuracy and flexibility. Our customers enjoy a significantly faster development process, lowest total cost of ownership, a predictable and consistently high performance as well as retained data accuracy.
Flexible & Rapid Development
- Broad range of software components
- Fully integrated with the native OS to take advantage of mobile devices' camera, compass and GPS capabilities
Optimized For Field Use
- Intuitive graphical user interface that enables fast and effective decision-making
- Mobile terrain analysis using the data available on the mobile device â€“ in both online and offline environments
- Support for domain-relevant symbologies, such as MS2525 and APP6 for Defense and Security
- Small footprint
- Efficient battery use
Fits in Any Application Architecture
- Support for OGC GeoPackage, the standard used for data exchange and offline data storage on mobile devices
- Whether using LuciadLightspeed or another non-Luciad based system using open formats, LuciadMobile fits into any architecture.
LuciadMobile offers powerful capabilities to access, update, and send back information and intelligence to associated command and control or management systems. A smooth transition between online and offline operations is ensured. In disconnected mode, full access to all the
LuciadMobile capabilities, as well as the geospatial data, is maintained. LuciadMobile is designed for optimal usage in the field. It offers deep integration with Android OS, providing access to the multiple functions of the device, such as the camera, compass, and GPS.
Efficient use of the mobile hardware resources is achieved by means of a small software footprint, as well as controllable battery usage. The focus of LuciadMobile is on the domains with the most stringent requirements for mobile situational awareness:
- Aviation: Electronic flight bag, airport services, aeronautical GPS
- Defense: Future soldier programs, field extension of C4ISR systems, intelligence sharing, common operational picture (COP)
- Maritime: Anti-smuggling and piracy missions, mobile units
- Public Safety & Homeland Security: Emergency decision support for people in the field
- Utilities & Logistics: Surveying, infrastructure management
Below is a high-level, non-exhaustive overview of the components available in LuciadMobile. You can use the functionality of these components either out-of-the-box or extend them to meet your user specific requirements.
Model any data format, load big data intelligently, represent complex object geometries and their metadata, and filter data. Support for (geodetic) shapes such as points, polylines, polygons, arcs, circles, ellipses and many more.
Visualize data in a multi-layered 2D view, apply flexible styling (icons, line styles, fill styles, transparency), advanced labeling and decluttering. Tiled, multi-leveled imagery rendering is integrated in the view.
Interact with the view using well-known touch screen gestures such as pinching, tapping, long pressing and dragging. Ready-to-use controller functionality includes standard controls (zoom, pan, select), freehand drawing, editing and rotating. You can easily create other controllers for custom interaction.
Access and represent data in different coordinate reference systems (geodetic, geocentric, topocentric, grid) and projections (stereographic, orthographic, Mercator, UTM, ...). Perform advanced geodetic calculations and transformations.
Access data in any vector or raster format via the open LuciadMobile data formats. You can also access selected data formats natively. See below in ‘Formats & Standards’ for detailed info.
Display military symbology and tactical graphics, perform terrain elevation analysis calculations on your mobile device, use your LuciadMobile application in disconnected mode.
In addition, LuciadMobile offers the following ready-to-use application capabilities for developers. The components cover commonly used functionalities in our domains of focus.
- Create SPOT reports and attach pictures
- Insert GPS tracking
- Access dynamic data feeds
- Make annotations
- Perform search functions
- Pick icons from an icon browser
- Insert a compass icon
- Update and share information
- Prepare and convert your data for LuciadMobile, using LuciadLightspeed and/or Lucy
LuciadMobile is open to accept data in any format. Through LuciadLightspeed, all data formats supported by LuciadLightspeed are available for applications based on LuciadMobile. Through third party applications, you can either use the open LuciadMobile formats for conversion, or you can add custom formats natively. In addition, the following data formats, services and standards are supported natively in LuciadMobile:
- Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED)
- OGC GeoPackage
- LuciadMobile Vector Database
- LuciadMobile Raster Database
- Luciad Tile Service
- OGC WMTS
- Microsoft Bing Maps
- Military Symbology
- APP-6A, APP-6B, MS2525b, MS2525c, TAM-105
*Non-exhaustive list of Formats & Standards