MapInfo Professional - Version v16 - Powerful Microsoft Windows-based Mapping Application
For the first time, MapInfo Pro is now available in 64-bit only. Version 16 is the third 64-bit release from Pitney Bowes Software, and it comes with more capability and functionality than ever before. Enhanced in so many ways, the new release allows users to visualise data and capitalise on those insights quicker and more efficiently. Raster tools have further improved in MapInfo Pro Advanced v16, continuing as the world's most performant raster GIS solution. Super fast processing and analysis of high resolution grid data is readily available at your fingertips.
MapInfo Pro v16 has been designed for simpler functionality, faster access to more data, and total compatibility. It gives the most intuitive user experience, richer insights from precise data, and works alongside your IT systems and programmes.
- Theme manipulation can now be done in a new 'Theme' ribbon. As a result, many theme editing tasks are much simpler, and the need to use the older dialogues is largely eliminated.
- Users are now able to change many aspects of a theme on the fly, making it much easier to try different settings until the desired theme is found. For single variable themes, there is the ability to change the theme field without starting the theme from scratch.
- Ranged themes are now displayed within the layer control. Users can the selectively turn bins on or off, meaning that only the desired data can be easily highlighted.
- More data sources are now supported by MapInfo Pro, and improvements have been made on how users work with data. WMTS 1.0, WFS 2.0, Geopackage feature tables, FME 2016, and EasyLoader are newly supported sources.
- On-demand access to global addresses and geocodes. Every user receives 1000 credits per month, as long as they are in Maintenance & Technical Support.
- Your tables can now have up to 1000 fields. Extended TAB file format eliminates the 2GB file size limit.
- Colour Brewer thematic templates have been incorporated into MapInfo, enabling users to quickly and easily apply eyecatching colour sets to maps.
Improvements have been made to ribbons within MapInfo. Changes to the 'Home', 'Layout' and 'Map' tabs have reduced clutter and made them more user friendly.
MapInfo Pro Advanced desktop GIS and mapping software enables users to work at continental or even global scales, and easily share analysis across the organisation.
Create grid files from multiple files at once to efficiently process, visualise and analyse datasets. Because there's no upper limit on file size, the possibilities are endless, and the capabilities continue to improve.
The improved operations include line-of-sight analysis, also known as point-to-point visibility. By taking into account terrain and elevation, users can understand whether any given point is visible from another point. This capability is especially valuable for example, when assessing network connectivity in telecommunications.
As part of the Pitney Bowes Location Intelligence suite, MapInfo Pro provides on-demand access to addresses and places around the world. You can even geocode a table of addresses and display them on your map with no need to purchase the reference dataset. Built-in geocoding capabilities include street-level geocoding in over 140 countries, as well as credits to use the geocoding service via the Pitney Bowes Commerce Cloud.
Windows 7 (64-bit SP1)
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Windows 2008 Server R2 (64-bit SP1 with XenServer 6.0)
Windows 2008 Server R2 (64-bit SP1)
Windows 2012 Server R2 (64-bit only)
Windows 2012 Server R2 (64-bit with XenApp 7.5)
Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostGIS, SQLite, ODBC compliant databases, OGC GeoPackage (new in v16.0)