MESSIR-SAT - Reception and Display of Satellite Data Software
Runs on PC-based standard platform:
- Runs on standard Intel-based PC or server equipped with a DVB acquisition card.
- Compatibility with the latest desktop and server editions of Windows Operating System
C-band or Ku-based reception of XRIT (HRIT+LRIT) MSG data flow via the EUMETCast service (EUMETSAT EUM TD 15 compliant)
Access to the full range of MSG data and products
12 SEVIRI spectral channels from Meteosat-8
- 3 visible channels : VIS06, VIS08,
- HRV (up to 1km resolution)
- 7 infrared channels : IR 1.6, IR 3.9,iIR 8.7, IR 10.8, IR 12.0, IR 9.7, IR 13.4
- 2 water vapor channels : WV 6.2,WV 7.3
Foreign satellite images : Meteosat-7, Meteosat-5, GMS, GOES-E, GOES-W MSG MPEF, rapid scan and derived products :
- Atmospheric Motion Vectors (AMV)
- Multi-Sensor Sensor Précipitation estimate (MPE)
- Cloud Analysis and classification
- Sea Surface Temperature (SST)
- Cloud Top Height (CTH)
- Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI)
- Meteorological Products Extraction Facility (MPEF)
- Rapid Scanning Service (RSS)
ATOVS / EARS data processing GRIB-coded Numerical Weather Prediction Model: ECMWF, EGRR models
MDD text and graphical products in WMO format
- SYNOP observations
- TEMP soundings
- T4-coded charts
GEONETCast is a Task in the GEO Work Plan and is led by EUMETSAT, the United States, China, and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). Many GEO Members and Participating Organizations contribute to this Task.
The following products and services are being made available to the GEONETCast user community:
- Meteosat image data
- GOES East and West image data
- Land and Ocean Sea Ice Satellite Application Facility (SAF) products
- EUMETSAT meteorological products
- NOAA-NESDIS meteorological products
- NOAA-NESDIS Ocean colour and sea surface temperature products
- VEGETATION products from VITO
- MODIS Ocean colour products
- CMA FY2C satellite images
- CMA FY2C meteorological products
Advanced visualization functions
Quick-view of the latest images received
Channels calibration with Eumetsat calibration data. Vis channels are calibrated in reflectance and IR/WVchannels in temperature.
Spectral channels combination: differences, RGB composites…
Integrated map editor featuring :
- Standard re-projections : spaceiview, cylindrical, mercator, lambert,istereographic
- User-defined geographical areas, selectable map components: boundaries, coasts, rivers, regions,iflight information regions (FIR),iairports, cities, …
- Topograhic (DEM) and texture database
- Satellite images overlay with plotting maps from MSG/MDD observation data
- Calibration and customizable color palettes: RGB values, transparency…
- 3D product generation
- Multi-screen support (with compatible video card)
- Data redistribution and export
- Manual or scheduled-basis image export
Various image formats:
- JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PostScript, PDF…
Various export/redistribution modes: local storage, FTP, WMO/GTS standard protocols, NFS, e-mail…
Events and operations logging journal Web server feeding
- COROBOR is the only MSG supplier offering an all-in-one software package 100% produced in-house allowing for image and products overlay and annotation.
- MESSIR-SAT allows for the processing, display and combination of the whole range of MSG data streams including METEOSAT images and MDD data.
- MESSIR-SAT inherits from MESSIR systems intuitive look-and-feel. The users will quickly become familiar and productive with MESSIR-SAT.
- MESSIR-SAT is fully compliant with the EUMETSAT document entitled EUM TD 15 - EUMETCast Technical Description
- MESSIR-SAT provides you with a wide range of options to display your data and make it visually striking.
- Multi-language support. MESSIR-SAT user interface is available in English, Arabic, French and Spanish languages.
- COROBOR participates to PUMA by providing its MESSIR software integrating the MSG satellite imagery and the MDD and GTS data (observations, models,....) received through the MSG broadcast.
- COROBOR is proud to be part of the ALCATEL-VCS-COROBOR consortium selected by EUMETSAT, as a result of an international competition, to be the supplier of the large PUMA project. PUMA takes full advantage of the METEOSAT-MSG satellite broadcast. PUMA goal is to boost African agricultural output and save lives by providing early-warning weather systems.
- The timely information can help warn of natural disasters, improve food security, increase public health management and lead to more efficient uses for water and energy. In addition, climate changes and desertification can be tracked with greater precision.