- Sustainability. A fully integrated sustainable drainage system will help you to control the rainfall runoff and gain swift approval from the authorities.
- Driving the Standards. MicroDrainage will auto-design the optimum surface water and foul water networks to satisfy local standards.
- Results Driven. Completing a compliant sustainable drainage design is only the beginning. Extracting results and providing the capability to illustrate them is fundamental. Outputs and reporting can be formatted to industry requirements to ensure results and outputs can be submitted to the authorities and clients with ease.
MicroDrainage enables engineers, developers, hydrologists and approving authorities to design and audit drainage systems
- Surface water sewers
- Foul water and combined drains
- Integrated sustainable urban drainage systems including , culverts, attenuation and infiltration structures
- Design stormwater and foul water systems graphically
- MicroDrainage can embed within full AutoCAD/Civil3D to enhance existing working practices
- Detailed channel, swale, culvert, pipe and manhole design
- Design soakaways and model integrated sustainable drainage systems, including infiltration/attenuation structures and flow controls
- Easily import CAD/GIS data
- Assess water quality with pollution estimates
- Simulate and test for extreme rainfall events
- Graphical flood flow modelling
- Crossing and conflicts matrix, between drainage networks and utilities
- Output plans, schedules and long sections
- Automatic taking off and costings, for optimum economic design
Market leading, industry standard, detailed drainage design software. Used by consultants, developers, approving authorities, water companies and local government authorities.
- Civil engineers enjoy the user friendly interface, interaction with third party CAD software and the ability to auto-design in accordance with local standards.
- Editing a design is straightforward and the outputs help to ensure early acceptance by clients, approving authorities and contractors alike.
Quick, accurate and compliant design of foul and surface water networks.
- Automatically size drainage networks
- Produce one ready-to-approve model that complies with local regulations and standards
- Include flow controls, infiltration systems and attenuation structures within one fully integrated hydraulic model
- Test designs against extreme weather patterns and for climate change
- Engineering design with unrivalled output of results, schedules, long sections as well as 3D entities for BIM compliance
Drainage Concept Design. Scope out sustainable drainage systems, the extent of each drainage structure to provide the optimum drainage solution for your project.
Design for Your Environment. Whether working on a brownfield re-development or a new greenfield project, MicroDrainage gives you the tools to effectively deliver compliant detailed drainage designs and drainage solutions to help manage quantity, quality, amenity and biodiversity to comply with the latest requirements.
MicroDrainage incorporates BIM (Building Information Modelling.
Design in 2D and visualise in 3D. Graphically design drainage systems using globally accepted hydraulic engineering methodologies. Utilise CAD drawings and ground models to deliver resulting drainage systems in 3D.
Easy Import and Export. GIS data can be imported in a number of formats including .pwf, .csv, .txt, .xml and .asc. Export new drainage designs into a range of third party modelling software formats.
Illustrate overland flood flows. A 3D digital terrain model of the site can be imported, triangulated and indicative surface water flood flow paths illustrated for exceedance.
Rain Water Drainage & Harvesting. In line with latest industry standards MicroDrainage can design rainwater harvesting tanks.
Design graphically within MicroDrainage. CAD drawings can be imported to allow pipe & drainage systems to be auto-designed directly on them, or design and edit drainage layouts within the AutoCAD/Civil 3D (2012 - 2014) environment.
Input or import rainfall data. Specify rainfall profiles directly for international use or undertake continuous analysis of time series rainfall. Use FSR or FEH rainfall data, access the UK MET office DELUGE rainfall database to populate rainfall data for designs within the UK. Scale rainfall to model climate change.
Detailed pipe and manhole design. Deliver stormwater and foul pipe designs that include manhole schedules, pipeline schedules and longsections. Design and size pipes using either the Rational or Modified Rational Methods. Specify the pipe slope, fall or allow MicroDrainage to auto design to ensure self-cleansing velocity and an optimized network. Model connections as either a sealed manhole, junction or a standard open manhole.
Model infiltration structures, runoff and flow controls.Calculate the greenfield runoff rates and volumes, quick storage estimates and infiltration feasibility. Specify an input/unit hydrograph and model the benefits of incorporating green roofs and/or rainwater harvesting tanks.
Design storage and/or infiltration structures, flow controls including; soakaways, infiltration trenches, porous car parks, cellular storage, ponds etc. Estimates are provided of volumes for excavation, fill material and net storage. Drain down times are provided to confirm the feasibility of each option.
Link several structures to determine their combined hydraulic engineering and pollution removal performance.
Pollution estimates. A Pollution Summary can be generated to estimate the range of pollutant removal percentages achieved in accordance with CIRIA methodology.
Model extreme rainfall. Apply rainfall data directly to the terrain. The water is allowed to find its own way into the 1D system via 2D overland flow. Analyse flood flow paths, simulate events and test designs to determine critical levels and eliminate any drainage design flaws. Evaluate multiple storms for a required return period, collate results and identify critical events across the drainage system.
Design at a micro or macro catchment level. Split a development into individual sub catchments for independent design or combine completed sub catchments for integrated drainage design and analysis.
Solve hydraulic problems within a drainage system. Identify, understand and solve issues within designs automatically, quickly and easily.
Customized reports. . Print design data and results in pre-defined or custom reports or export in a wide range of formats such as Excel and HTML.
Graphical flood flow path modelling. Identify depth, velocity and direction of overland flows (including the ability to output Defra Hazard maps). Identify the natural catchments, channels and areas of existing ponding on the site.
Easily determine billing/pricing for jobs. A library of construction costs can be maintained to enable the engineer to value engineer and conduct cost benefit analyses on alternative proposals. MicroDrainage modules link to a very wide range of civil engineering software and can integrate with these to help drive your drainage design process.
This is the entry level MicroDrainage suite ideal for small scale developments, so drainage networks can be designed in a widely recognised format;
- Auto-design storm and foul water drainage networks
- Size up a storm water flow conveyance network for fairly regular events, ie 1, 2 or 5 year Return Periods
- Model a SuDS system to ensure no onsite flooding for more extreme, ie 30 year Return Period
Further productivity gains can be made with this suite, as critical storms can be automatically identified so attenuation quantities can be optimised to enable a complete audit get carried out to ensure compliance with;
- Sewers for adoption
- Interim Code of Practice for SuDS
- Code for Sustainable Homes
The Essentials suite is a favourite of approving authorities as well as diligent developers and their consultants.
Designing graphically maximises functionality, easily identifies Clashes and Crossings so as to give you a competitive edge with BIM compliance.
The flow conveyance design functionality of MicroDrainage can be embedded within your existing working practice, ie AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
This will enable maximum compliance with minimal overhead by allowing the end user to;
- Graphically Design
- Import and Export from CAD packages
- Incorporate BIM elements, 3D entities
- Model & evaluate New as well as Existing drainage networks
To completely recognise all aspects of your design from ensuring an optimum design when special engineering difficulties are present, to understanding the costing ramifications of alternative designs; the Premium Suite will enable preliminary master planning work and post development exceedance to be analysed. These are the core requirements of designing a truly robust and long term ‘sustainable’ solution.
Consequently this suite is ideal for those working with or submitting to the Environment Agency and/or Lead Local Flooding Authorities.
This suite will enable you to;
- Pre-design: Identify blue/green corridors to ensure the new development is correctly planned from the outset. This will ensure that you are ‘making space’ for water and provide the multiple benefits that SuDS can offer.
- Post-design: This suite can go beyond the design, create exceedance and identify the depth, direction and velocity of overland flood flow routes enabling LLFAs, the EA and all stakeholders to manage surface water
- Post-design: The ability to assess the economic ‘affordability’ of a sustainable drainage system is feasible, a range of scenarios can be compared technically as well as economically
If you find yourself looking after all aspects of design and auditing of fully integrated sustainable drainage systems, deciding which modules you can live without can be difficult.
Therefore, we have packaged them all into our most advanced suite offering, covering all of the comprehensive functionality that Micro Drainage has to offer.
Looking to the future and sharing the vision of Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUDs), or the water cycle. This can be accommodated today as we enable the effects from extremes of climate from heavy rainfall to drought to be analysed. The Complete suite includes the MET Office Deluge database, with 700 years of data including the wet and dry cycles. The database can be used to run ‘continuous’ or ‘real time series’ rainfall to assess projects that include elements such as rainwater harvesting.