Residential customers are automatically routed onto both trash and recycling routes without operator intervention when customers are added to current service areas. Detailed report of routing-to-service-requirement discrepancies allows dispatch to adjust customer service coverage to changes in service requirements. Commercial accounts can be scheduled for pickups daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, same day each month - the driver will see only those customers who need to be serviced without having to create a different route sheet for every change in schedule; the dispatcher cannot make a mistake in printing the wrong route sheet...there is only one. Tickets confirming service are created at the same time the route is printed, in the order the drivers are to service them. Services can be billed by ticket even though they are routed.
- Roll-off services can be both scheduled and on-demand and printed in the order the drivers are to service them
- Residential routes are built by the segment of the street serviced, not by the customer; one line can schedule 100 to 200 customers
- Sections of a route can quickly by merged into other routes to adjust for summer and winter schedules
- Route management worksheets can be printed to assist in the optimization process
- Export of route detail to mapping software such as Map Info is easily accomplished to allow one to get that picture which is worth a thousand words
- Data is easily exported to optimization products such as Route Smart or Fleet Route