SAP Leonardo - Digital Twin Software
SAP Digital Twin powered by SAP Leonardo is a solution to monitor and analyze in real-time the behavior of structures and mechanical systems under the influence of complex and dynamic loads.
The solution is based on a digital representation of a unique real asset that applies structural finite element models in combination with sensor feeds and classical (Newtonian) physics to replicate the physical state of the asset at any point in time. This information can be used in applications built for a wide range of purposes. It can be applied across industry segments and asset types, be it a wind turbine, an industrial robot, a crane or a building. It is used for monitoring, inspection and operational planning by providing a high-fidelity cloud based virtual model connected to edge-based sensor packages.
The state of the physical asset can be read through virtual sensors located on the Digital Twin, the readings of which can be used in other applications. The SAP Digital Twin can, in this way, further integrate into core business processes, such as asset management, plant maintenance and operations.
Fundamentally, the usefulness of Digital Twins is conditioned by their ability to bridge the gap between the analogue, physical world of nature to the digital, virtual world of computers. It translates real observations into something that can be interpreted and processed by machines, and are thus a key enabler in the digitization of businesses and societies.
The Ten Most Useful Applications Of A Digital Twin For A High Value, High Complexity Asset Will Be:
- Remaining life assessment of structure
- Inspection/maintenance planning based on true load history
- Relationship between loads and power production for control system policies
- Early damage detection for pre-emptive maintenance and shutdown prevention
- Hindsight to foresight – access to (aggregated) time series for design feedback
- Virtual inspection support
- Predict consequences of (adverse) future operating conditions
- Multi-asset orchestration/control and synchronization
- Inspection/monitoring process support (cost reduction)
- Visualization and inspection of stresses at inaccessible/hidden locations