Scisys - Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Over the last 25 years, SCISYS has developed an extensive Geographic Information Systems (GIS) capability tracing the increasing maturity of GIS services from standalone mapping products through to fully integrated, web-enabled decision support tools. We are expert in the use of the major commercial and open source GIS products and have extensive experience of integrating these products into business systems. SCISYS is actively working with Government Agencies in the area of placing spatial data in the public domain, particularly with regard to the INSPIRE directive.
Examples where we have used GIS in the environment domain include:
- Coal Authority: analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of a new GIS toolset to replace an existing suite of tools for mining reports and surface damage systems
- Environment Agency Wales: creation of export facility to generate UK Location / INSPIRE compliant metadata (GEMINI 2.1) plus scripted automation of data replication
- National Flood and Coastal Defence Database (NFCDD): a GIS-enabled asset management system that provides the definitive repository for all data on flood and coastal defences
- RESPOND: as part of the Global Monitoring for Environment and Security (GMES) initiative, SCISYS has developed an OpenSource online map catalogue that allows disaster relief agencies to download up to the minute digital imagery as they react to disaster situations
- Environment Agency national GIS programme: provision of GIS resources to supplement the customer's internal team